News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

RDOS Aspie Quiz

Started by Anselm, May 09, 2021, 06:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anselm

http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

It is very long but maybe you got time to kill.  I took this about 6 years ago.  My results:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 146 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 65 of 200

Of course this is not a real diagnosis but many with a diagnosis have found it to be spot on.  I have no diagnosis but I suspect that I am on the spectrum.  Others have told me as much.
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

smallcleanrat

I just gave it a try:

Your broader autism cluster (Aspie) score: 160 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 48 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)

As an adult, is there much point in pursuing a professional evaluation? Can it lead to better help? A better understanding of oneself?

I would really like to function better than I do now in my personal and professional life.

Parasaurolophus

121 and 86. I scored abysmally on neurotypical perception (I'm faceblind...) and neurotypical social questions.

There were a fair few questions I wasn't sure how to answer, however, and a few where the options available didn't seem representative or where a slightly different framing would be yielded a different answer.

I'm not surprised by my score. We're pretty sure that three of my siblings and I are somewhere on the spectrum, though none of us was ever evaluated. The more I learn about it (admittedly, in passing) the more I recognize myself and my behaviours. And that's proven useful to me for understanding what's going on when something goes awry.

Kind of like when I discovered I'm faceblind. You wouldn't believe how much that helped me make sense of my experience of the world (to say nothing of movies and tv!).
I know it's a genus.

Hibush

Quote from: Anselm on May 09, 2021, 06:30:41 PM
http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

It is very long but maybe you got time to kill.  I took this about 6 years ago.  My results:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 146 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 65 of 200

Of course this is not a real diagnosis but many with a diagnosis have found it to be spot on.  I have no diagnosis but I suspect that I am on the spectrum.  Others have told me as much.

The popular image of the "absent-minded professor" is one indication that academe has normalized neurodiversity much more than society at large. There are behavior patterns often associated with autism that are considered pretty normal for faculty (or at least scientists), and it is just something you accommodate.

What is the perception of the high-scoring among you.