News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

repeatedly being contacted by Qualtrics

Started by pedanticromantic, September 04, 2019, 06:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedanticromantic

anyone know what this is all about? I keep getting emails like..
"Over the past 7 years, Qualtrics has built the highest quality panel in the industry. We now have access to over 95,000,000 panelists worldwide and continue to grow.
Do you have time this week for us to meet and discuss how this can benefit you? "

95 million panelists for what? I've already blacklisted the emailer, but what's the deal?

Hibush

It sounds like an ad for Qualtrix. They have a really nice survey-generating service that I use quite a bit.

If you do survey work, you know that getting a large represetnative sample to take your survey is extremely difficult. So Qualtrix has gotten a bunch of people to say they are willing to do surveys (not for free...). Qualtrix will let you send your Qualtrix survey to a subset of their panel for a substantial fee. I suspect they want to convince you that it would cost you even more to do it yourself, but that you have not realized it yet. And that is the benefit. I have not had that conversation with them.

They may make more money of the panel than the software access. That seems to be the model for SaaS these days.

pedanticromantic

Ah of course. OK...
Why TF are they contacting faculty in the first week of semester asking if they have time for a meeting??? Jesus, could you pick a WORSE week of the year??

Hibush

You are being nudged. However, the latest research shows that nudges only work if you have already established a valued working relationship.