Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwG for winging which I already thought I had. LB timbers-squarely. Happy solving!

ETA: I want to wrap up in a comforter and eat a sundae.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and well above genius. Don't remember the last word from yesterday's puzzle--must have been a commonplace word.

timbers/squarely (having grown up on pirate stories, I kept thinking of "shiver me timbers" and having people walk the plank)

cathwen, that's quite a career. Enjoy your retirement. One of my colleagues went on a roadscholar cruise just before the pandemic and had very good reports about her experience.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got pangrams and am trying to steam on to QB.  We'll see.  I think my final word yesterday was hewn.

For LB I had the schmofficial miserable-equity.  Congrats on your piratey solution, Langue_doc and ciao_yall! I have one today as well.  Woohoo!

I have heard good things about Road Scholar trips as well. 

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Yesterday I got stuck on the last word, hieing.  I've seen it before.  Argh!  Today I have both pangrams and am a bit beyond genius. 

LB:  I also had the "official" miserable-equity.  And I have a 2fer today. 

I'll check out the Road Scholar programs!  My husband, especially, wants to do a lot of traveling while we are still able.

Happy puzzling!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwH for donee. LB proverbial-lucid.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and almost QB. Last word yesterday was nodded.

proverbial/lucid

Happy solving!

ETA QB

ciao_yall

QBABM and quick 2fer today.

ab_grp

Good morning!

One more word left to QB! Ugh so close! But I have all day so am crossing my fingers.  Congrats, Langue_doc and ciao_yall! Yesterday I almost got QB.  I also had one word left.  And we compared and we seemed to have the same list so were missing the same word but for some reason didn't compare our points this time.  You probably guessed that I was missing doyen and he was missing doyenne.  I got that one pretty early on but didn't even think of a variant or whatever that might be called.  ARGH! I will try not to make that mistake again, and we will go back to our usual comparing points and # words as well as reading them out loud to each other!

For LB I had cupboard-deliver.  I thought I had the schmofficial one when I looked this morning, but I just looked now at my notepad and found otherwise.  Congrats on your 2fer, Langue_doc and ciao_yall (and another today)!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Got QBABM.  They were easy words today! Not sure why it took so long to see that last one.  I hope I can join the 2fer crowd as well! 

ab_grp

Sorry I keep missing the modify window! But I did get a 2fer.

cathwen

Good morning!

Not a good SB day yesterday; there were some words I should have seen, but I probably never would have gotten yondDoyen(ne) tripped me up, also.  But today I have QB!

LB:  I had the "official" cupboard-devil.  Also a 2fer today. 

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Shakespeare! I didn't think yond would be accepted, but tried it just the same.

QuoteCome hither, nurse. What is yond gentleman?
Romeo and Juliet, Act I, Scene 5

QuoteNightly she sings on yond pomegranate tree.
Act III, Scene 5

QuoteYond light is not daylight, I know it, I.
Act III, Scene 5

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.