News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Comfort Food Suggestions?

Started by smallcleanrat, November 19, 2020, 06:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallcleanrat

Thanks, everybody.

Had the easiest time with toast. Dry cheerios were also good. Helped with the hunger pangs.

Trying to get more protein through eggs and also trying fruits. For some reason, body was really resisting protein, but now it's a lot better.

Still extremely low energy, but it's still a big improvement to not be in that in that state of wanting to eat and not wanting to eat at the same time.

Obviously going to follow up with a doctor irl, but I'm curious if anyone else has had the experience of high blood sugar and elevated ketone levels without a history of diabetes. I'm not sure if that could be a cause or an effect of being sick. Or maybe it was just from not eating much for the week I had nausea.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: smallcleanrat on November 23, 2020, 12:26:03 PM
Thanks, everybody.

Had the easiest time with toast. Dry cheerios were also good. Helped with the hunger pangs.

Trying to get more protein through eggs and also trying fruits. For some reason, body was really resisting protein, but now it's a lot better.

Still extremely low energy, but it's still a big improvement to not be in that in that state of wanting to eat and not wanting to eat at the same time.

Obviously going to follow up with a doctor irl, but I'm curious if anyone else has had the experience of high blood sugar and elevated ketone levels without a history of diabetes. I'm not sure if that could be a cause or an effect of being sick. Or maybe it was just from not eating much for the week I had nausea.

I'm glad you're starting to feel a bit better. Don't push yourself too hard. No history here with high ketones.

Vkw10

Glad you're feeling a bit better. As you switch to more interesting food, you might put the leftover Cheerios in airtight container and save for next time. I may run out of bread for toast, but I always have dry cereal.

No experience with high blood sugar and high ketones.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)