Parasaurolophus

Brody Dalle - Meet the Foetus/On the Joy
I know it's a genus.

polly_mer

Apparently, Eddie Rabbit holds a big place in my mind "Drivin' My Life Away"

"Ooh, I'm drivin' my life away, lookin' for a better way for me
Ooh, I'm drivin' my life away, lookin' for a sunny day"
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

ab_grp

I have had "Food, Glorious Food" from Oliver! in my head since I saw it in an NYT archive crossword this morning.  Those are the only three words I know (though I can sort of hum along for a little while after), so it's quite a tight loop.

mamselle

Cold jelly and custard!
Three meals a day,
Hot (something) and mustard...

Hmm, hmm, humm hmm,
Hmm hmm hmm,
Da,da, da da dah!
In a minute!

(Now I have to go look THAT up!; I just played accompaniment on it so I didn't really learn all the words....just my cues...)

But I did know more of them at the time....thanks!

I'm just glad to be out of the house and away from the truly dreadful garage band my neighbor across the street is fielding for our town's Porchfest...think, a very bad takeoff on "I can't get no..satisfaction" at very loud volume, off key, and repeated ad infinitum to great, roaring cheers by all their high school friends...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Vkw10

Joyful, joyful, we adore thee ... in my elderly neighbor's quavering soprano.

Think I'll take her a few of the peaches from my farmer's market trip, then dig through my mother's albums for a baritone version.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

mamselle

Ohhhh....how lovely.

Both of you.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

polly_mer

ab_grp

Quote from: mamselle on June 08, 2019, 01:58:28 PM
Cold jelly and custard!
Three meals a day,

Hmm, hmm, humm hmm,
Hmm hmm hmm,
Da,da, da da dah!
In a minute!

(Now I have to go look THAT up!; I just played accompaniment on it so I didn't really learn all the words....just my cues...)

I'm just glad to be out of the house and away from the truly dreadful garage band my neighbor across the street is fielding for our town's Porchfest...think, a very bad takeoff on "I can't get no..satisfaction" at very loud volume, off key, and repeated ad infinitum to great, roaring cheers by all their high school friends...

M.

Well, you know a lot more words than I do! In retrospect, I (sadly) think that even though it was triggered by that clue, my earworm was more from a commercial that I don't think I am making up that sang "Cheese, Glorious Cheese" to that tune.   I'm not sure if there were any other words in the commercial rendition of the song, so maybe that's why those are the only words I know.  I'm sorry to say that it is rather more likely that I can recall a commercial or jingle than a piece of culture (although maybe cheese is cultured). 

I loved Psych and was trying to remember the theme song but instead got "Hey Ya!" from OutKast stuck in my head.

polly_mer

mr_spicoli

Jethro Tull  Aqualung

And the flowers bloom like madness in the spring...

sinenomine

I'll be singing in the premiere of a new choral oratorio this weekend, and keep waking every day with random movements stuck in my head. This morning it's the opening movement.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

ciao_yall

Go Where You Wanna Go

The Mamas and the Papas

ab_grp

"Man! I Feel Like a Woman!" by Shania Twain, thanks to my trivia league.

mamselle

Quote from: ab_grp on June 10, 2019, 09:23:37 AM
Quote from: mamselle on June 08, 2019, 01:58:28 PM
Cold jelly and custard!
Three meals a day,

Hmm, hmm, humm hmm,
Hmm hmm hmm,
Da,da, da da dah!
In a minute!

M.

Well, you know a lot more words than I do! In retrospect, I (sadly) think that even though it was triggered by that clue, my earworm was more from a commercial that I don't think I am making up that sang "Cheese, Glorious Cheese" to that tune.   I'm not sure if there were any other words in the commercial rendition of the song, so maybe that's why those are the only words I know.  I'm sorry to say that it is rather more likely that I can recall a commercial or jingle than a piece of culture (although maybe cheese is cultured). 

I loved Psych and was trying to remember the theme song but instead got "Hey Ya!" from OutKast stuck in my head.

So I had some parts backwards and some parts incorrect.

Anyway, found it: https://www.google.com/search?q=food+glorious+food+lyrics&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

M.

polly_mer

Someone mentioned a squirrel on another thread so now I've got Ray Stevens The Mississippi Squirrel Revival.

I'm really hoping to get over to Ray Stevens The Streak, but my mind tends to have a will of its own.  "Don't look, Ethel!"