Main Menu

Travels with Chow mein...

Started by mamselle, May 30, 2020, 12:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

A peripatetic chow mein container has wandered across several threads,

Hidden behind boxes

..........been returned to shelves

even been considered (then rejected) for dinner..........

before being packed off to a food care program in an unassuming box (or so we believe)

However, it seems possible that it may not remain in its box, since it hasn't stayed anyplace else where it was put since its first appearance on these fora.

The last pondering, on the Exciting thread, was that it might find a way out of the box and trundle off somewhere.

This thread is merely meant to record any sightings, to report on its condition when sighted, and specify location, of you can.

Or for anything else pertinent to the topic of chow mein that you may wish to record....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Thursday's_Child

I inventoried and re-organized my pantry yesterday, so I feel confident that the Chow Mein has not moved to my place.

mamselle

I haven't yet seen it here, but it may travel more slowly than we think, I suppose...

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Vkw10

A box of comestibles was delivered to food bank. When last seen, the chow mein was in that box.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

Vkw10

It was canned La Choy Beef Chow Mein. The label mentioned "vegetables in brine." No other identifying information was recorded.

Are we monitoring all chow mein? If so, we should attempt to include variety of any chow mein spotted, if it can be ascertained safely.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Vkw10 on May 30, 2020, 02:35:58 PM
It was canned La Choy Beef Chow Mein. The label mentioned "vegetables in brine." No other identifying information was recorded.

Are we monitoring all chow mein? If so, we should attempt to include variety of any chow mein spotted, if it can be ascertained safely.

It's almost like an episode of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom or Wild America (tv show, not movie).

Or, was Mamselle going for a Travels with Charley kind of vibe? Someone could travel across America with the chow mein.

mamselle

We used to have the La Choy chicken Chow mein as kids, for an occasional treat.

Trouble was, we really liked snacking on the noodles before dinner.

My mom would have to put the little separate package out of reach so there would be some to go with the meal.

I wonder....

M.

mamselle

In the grocery store the other day, I looked down.

There was a shelf full of La Choy chow mein.

But it was Beef, not Chicken.

Maybe next time?

M.

mamselle

Returning to a topic which has not been discussed for awhile, because....it just came up in a show I was watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlrzqzblc5c

The second set of guests (starting at 6:46) will elucidate all...

M.

Vkw10

Quote from: mamselle on November 22, 2020, 09:59:35 PM
Returning to a topic which has not been discussed for awhile, because....it just came up in a show I was watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlrzqzblc5c

The second set of guests (starting at 6:46) will elucidate all...

M.

That was hilarious!

mamselle

Thanks, yes.

They should have offered them each a can...

Who knows where it would have gotten to by now?

....Oh....

M.