News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Post your asides here

Started by aside, June 05, 2019, 09:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RatGuy

And "I'm the real victim here" is also a common tactic among serial abusers.

FishProf

I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Parasaurolophus

<unrelated>

Oh, good. The Free Speech Brigade has added another verboten term. Noice!
I know it's a genus.

mahagonny

Unrelated^
Thanks, you did it again. Thought of a more palatable way to express what I'm thinking.

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 26, 2021, 10:57:24 AM
<unrelated>

Oh, good. The Free Speech Brigade has added another verboten term. Noice!

Dying to know what the word is.

downer

Curious what about that poster's cognitive condition.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

lightning

Sorry not sorry.

Most of us know that engaging with nonsense, serves only to add a modicum of respectability to the nonsense. So that's why we don't bother.

However, for some posters, letting their nonsense go unchallenged only encourages the posting of more nonsense.

Parasaurolophus

I could always share another deep thought, if you'd prefer.
I know it's a genus.

mahagonny

related

I don't ignore any posters, so if you post it I'll see it.

downer

Aside to the thread that hasn't been created yet.

It is about a higher ed story highlighted by NYT. I'm surprised no one has discussed it yet. But it's gonna be the same old same old if it does get discussed here. Which is unfortunate, since it does raise interesting issues.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

Langue_doc

Quote from: downer on March 12, 2021, 05:10:20 AM
Aside to the thread that hasn't been created yet.

It is about a higher ed story highlighted by NYT. I'm surprised no one has discussed it yet. But it's gonna be the same old same old if it does get discussed here. Which is unfortunate, since it does raise interesting issues.

Which one? Do tell.

mahagonny

Don't look to me to start a discussion on something just because it needs discussing. I'm the designated DOA thread guy, the guy who asks people to discuss something out of interest and then gets pinned with the 'outrage' label. You've heard of the teflon president. I'm the velcro poster.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: mahagonny on March 12, 2021, 09:21:00 AM
I'm the velcro poster.

That's very true, actually. It's a clever label, well done! (To be clear, that's intended genuinely.)
I know it's a genus.

FishProf

I'm sure you think you were making a witty point but I'll be damned if I can tell what it was.

mahagonny

Quote from: FishProf on March 13, 2021, 10:26:43 AM
I'm sure you think you were making a witty point but I'll be damned if I can tell what it was.

What a relief. Not me.

FishProf