News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Taking Covid tests

Started by polly_mer, July 14, 2020, 02:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaysixteen

I still think you are vastly overestimating the willingness of these kids to submit to some of these proposals, and, now that you mention it, the willingness of schools and esp professors, to become covid cops.  We will see what happens, but the kids do have an easy out, and methinks many will take it,  And there will be schools which, for whatever reason(s), will offer them an alternative that they will gravitate towards.

nebo113

And what if the college is located in a rural area with open defiance of masking, encouraged by local elected officialdom?

polly_mer

Oh, I don't think extensive testing on most college campuses will happen for logistical and human reasons.  The campuses small enough to do a good job with logistics and human factors don't have the resources and the campuses that could have the resources are big enough that the human factor combined with resource allocation by priorities make extensive testing unlikely.

My test did come back in under 48 h and it's "presumptive negative".  The presumptive label exists because results have to be reviewed by the state lab to be official.  However, my employer has real, qualified medical personnel who take the samples and real, qualified scientists who run the PCR and make a determination,
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

polly_mer

I've been called again for the random covid testing at my work with a week's notice.

I'm amused by the reminder message this morning (paraphrased slightly to eliminate the identifying details).

Reminder: <appointment details>

Do NOT go into the clinic.  Follow the instructions for the drive-through testing in the original invitation.

Remember to check in with the front desk at the clinic unless you are scheduled for a telemedicine appointment or COVID-19 testing.

Call <this number> (option N) if you are unable to keep your appointment.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!