News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Vaccinating

Started by Economizer, January 22, 2021, 08:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Economizer

Have we the People people pulled out all the stops in getting this attended to? Are hospitals, clinics, first aid areas, mobile units working 24/7, nights, eves, to remote areas, homes of handicapped, with some staff at least accompanied by responsible supervision and security? What no doses? Well, this would be a perfect time to RAMP UP! Boards can meet, councils can talk, and experts can survey but the infrastructures, transportation is there. GO!!! The money and/or the economies are there, as is the GLORY! Try and tell an Indian Reservation Doctor, a Army medical unit commander, or a Fire Chief No Can Do, JUST TRY!!!

So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

kaysixteen

What's your point, assuming you have one?   Are you interested in serious, facts-in-evidence-based discussion, or just word salad blathering?

mamselle

There's already a thread on this, "Vaccination Nation."

Mods, can these be merged?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Economizer

Quote from: kaysixteen on January 23, 2021, 01:22:40 AM
What's your point, assuming you have one?   Are you interested in serious, facts-in-evidence-based discussion, or just word salad blathering?
It is meant to be a mass motivational blurb.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

Economizer

Quote from: mamselle on January 23, 2021, 01:26:11 AM
There's already a thread on this, "Vaccination Nation."

Mods, can these be merged?

M.
I don't know. But, I am OK with this.

Cheerful

Quote from: kaysixteen on January 23, 2021, 01:22:40 AM

No need to be so mean to Economizer.  Economizer has a right to post like all here.  Don't like a post, scroll by.

kaysixteen

He does not really have the right to post word salad blather without being called on it.   Truth be told, and I have actually mentioned this in a PM to a forum friend before, I am also rapidly tiring of the increasing take-over of many of the threads by an increasing amount of vocal 'crazy old uncle' rightwing nutjobs who do not demonstrate the level of critical thinking and analysis one ought to be able to expect from academics.

mamselle

You mean Eliphaz, Zophar, Bildad, and Elihu?

I mostly just ignore them.

Not formally, I don't use the "ignore" function, because every now and again one of them says something significant, or someone else replies to something that doesn't make sense if you don't know what's been said.

I just asked for the merger because it gets confusing to follow similar lines of discussion on two or more threads at once.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Economizer

Now that there are quiickly emerging increases in vaccination sites there seems to be a slowdown in vaccine supply.. Is that due to:

A. A  cautious, slow rollout. Understandable?

B. Manufacturing concerns. Understandable.

C. Product improvements ongoing? Understandable.

D. Safety in transport? Understandable.

E. Squabbling over means, modes, and providers. Unacceptable.

With all the planes that are offline and have been financed and subsided by the MAC (Military Airlift Command) are those being utilized? They are constructed, as I remember, to be quickly converted for use in military personnel AND SUPPLY transport.

Also, during these times in which commercial and personal package shipping has skyrocketed, if not why not have all goverment resources, namely, vehicles and drivers, been employed, even if only by priority, in reaching "remote" and scarcely populated locales. Parcel security, better or worse by whom?

Maybe I'm just uninformed. But, why that!?

clean

Manufacturing concerns exist.  Moderna is applying to increase the amount that can be put in vials. That means fewer vials and stoppers that need to be used.

The syringes are in short supply in some places.  These are not allergy syringes that are used!

It is not a matter of not enough planes, but not enough freezers to hold the stuff. 

My county is a hub for the five counties that border us and we have weekly drive in clinics.  There are additional places, but the county fairgrounds can do 500 shots an hour (so they claim).  They run only 1 or 2 days a week. They dont know how much will be delivered until Thursday. It does not arrive until Monday, and they run the events on Tuesday, maybe Wednesday.  When they also run the second dose clinics, those have run on Wednesday and Thursday. 

A few other places have been attempted at a hospital (perhaps the other vaccine), but they can not do the quantity of people that the drive through places can do, maybe 500 a day, not an hour.

So it seems that the biggest lag is in supply, not transportation. 

The news has shown that some of the sports stadium locations have shut down because there just isnt enough juice to give out.  Having more planes wont help when there is nothing to put on board!

It is probably going to be difficult to efficiently run clinics in 'fly over country'.  The population density is just not there to support a large clinic.  However, once the National Guard (or whatever units are being used) are up and running, I can certainly see that they could (once they have supply) deploy in a town square for 3 days and nights, then fold their tents and move to the next town over.   But as with many things, the lower density areas are going to be among the last to get intensive coverage. 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

waterboy

Got a surprise call today for an appointment. Give me whatever you've got!
"I know you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that what you heard was not what I meant."

Economizer

Quote from: clean on February 22, 2021, 10:47:45 AM
Manufacturing concerns exist.  Moderna is applying to increase the amount that can be put in vials. That means fewer vials and stoppers that need to be used.

The syringes are in short supply in some places.  These are not allergy syringes that are used!

It is not a matter of not enough planes, but not enough freezers to hold the stuff. 

My county is a hub for the five counties that border us and we have weekly drive in clinics.  There are additional places, but the county fairgrounds can do 500 shots an hour (so they claim).  They run only 1 or 2 days a week. They dont know how much will be delivered until Thursday. It does not arrive until Monday, and they run the events on Tuesday, maybe Wednesday.  When they also run the second dose clinics, those have run on Wednesday and Thursday. 

A few other places have been attempted at a hospital (perhaps the other vaccine), but they can not do the quantity of people that the drive through places can do, maybe 500 a day, not an hour.

So it seems that the biggest lag is in supply, not transportation. 

The news has shown that some of the sports stadium locations have shut down because there just isnt enough juice to give out.  Having more planes wont help when there is nothing to put on board!

It is probably going to be difficult to efficiently run clinics in 'fly over country'.  The population density is just not there to support a large clinic.  However, once the National Guard (or whatever units are being used) are up and running, I can certainly see that they could (once they have supply) deploy in a town square for 3 days and nights, then fold their tents and move to the next town over.   But as with many things, the lower density areas are going to be among the last to get intensive coverage.
Thank you. Nice reply. All very good to know.