News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Post your asides here

Started by aside, June 05, 2019, 09:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nescafe

This is beyond petty, but when I type "fuck" into my mobile, my autocomplete prompts me to add the name of a specific university.

Guess which one.

paultuttle

Quote from: polly_mer on December 12, 2019, 06:01:13 PM
Quote from: archaeo42 on December 12, 2019, 12:56:34 PM
WTF motivates you to say sh!t like that?
I use up all my filters at work.

I'm so there with you, polly_mer.

Quote from: nescafe on December 16, 2019, 12:53:21 PM
This is beyond petty, but when I type "fuck" into my mobile, my autocomplete prompts me to add the name of a specific university.

Guess which one.

Hmmm. Harvard? Or Trump U?

polly_mer

I continue to receive positive feedback for the "wall of text" posts as being useful to people who want to learn about the problems and don't read as extensively as I do.

Thus, I'm usually writing for that audience, not the person who responded, which is why I often skip a point-by-point rebuttal in favor of the next researched post on the topic.

If you don't want to read it, then don't, but then don't also make statements like, how could anyone have known <something that has been readily available for decades as a steady stream in the popular press aimed at an educated audience>?
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

nescafe

Quote from: paultuttle on December 17, 2019, 07:05:12 AM
Hmmm. Harvard? Or Trump U?

Wait, someone's talking about Trump U on these fora? :)

Anselm

Good point!  That explains why physicians never join country clubs or live in gated communities.
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

miss jane marple

Well, who could have seen that coming? Oh, wait, I did <author=miss jane marple link=topic=4.msg660#msg660 date=1558544968>.

Transparency-transshmerantsy.
By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth. - George Carlin

fast_and_bulbous

Wzz psh msf tsszwb dfshhm dfcir ct mcifgszt fwuvh bck. Mci gvcizr hoys o pck!
I wake up every morning with a healthy dose of analog delay

ciao_yall

nescafe

Well that certainly squares, because you are tired.

Thursday's_Child

Me thinks thou art indeed a student, and I'm not the first forumite to do so.

polly_mer

I have to go get something else done and that was most of the time I could devote to these fora this week.

You are welcome, lurkers who need someone other than Professor Sparklepony as well as anyone else who doesn't get enough perspective from outside a local bubble.

Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

archaeo42

Or what if we had a system where choices like that didn't have to be made. Just because things exist like that now does not mean it has to be that way.
"The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate."

mamselle

Unrelated to anything above...I think...

If it weren't about something so serious, I'd enjoy a good game of dueling metaphors...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

archaeo42

Nearly everything you post makes me want to reply with the blank face emoji.
"The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate."

mamselle

I'm grateful we have the benefit of well-equipped experts who can discuss things like epidemic vectors and statistical variations with good sense and confidence.

I mean that sincerely.

The wisdom and experience represented here are so valuable, and so worthy of our respect.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.