News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Things that are horrifying and should not exist....

Started by mamselle, March 26, 2020, 07:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Re-starting another old forum favorite....

For malcha, it was spiders.

For case_insensitive, it was unnecessary capitalization.

For fiona, it was to merrily split an infinitive unnecessarily.

For me, yesterday, it was three insect legs dangling down out of the second bite of a nice, store-bought chocolate cheesecake slice.

You?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

dismalist

That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

Terrapinfan

Things that are horrifying and should not exist: countries without universal healthcare.

paultuttle

Quote from: Terrapinfan on March 27, 2020, 01:49:38 AM
Things that are horrifying and should not exist: countries without universal healthcare.

Seconded.

malcha

Quote from: mamselle on March 26, 2020, 07:46:06 PM
Re-starting another old forum favorite....

For malcha, it was spiders.

I barely even lurk in New Fora, and had trouble remembering my password, but having seen this I must report that there is a spider on my shower curtain even as I type.

fourhats

I don't mind spiders, but I don't want them in my food. It's considered bad luck to kill them (yes, I have lots of superstitions--no open umbrellas indoors, never put a bag with your money in it on the floor...)

But especially given our current time, I'd say sneezing or coughing into hands instead of elbows should not exist. Stop it now.