News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

2020 Elections

Started by spork, June 22, 2019, 01:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treehugger

Quote from: clean on October 07, 2020, 06:36:25 PM
Ithink that they need to cut the mikes at the time limit. and keep them from interrupting.

Pence is definitely the worst offender here. Fault moderator ...

Also, the avalanche of lies. Trump has a great record on the environment. Riiiiiggght.

clean

ok, Im tapping out.
Im tired of the yackity "Thank you mr VP" yackity "Thank you Mr. Vp" yackity ............

his 15 second reply went 2 minutes!  (at least it seems that long!)

NOW we are back to "Before I speak to that I want to go back to ...."

IM OUT! 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: clean on October 07, 2020, 06:48:58 PM
ok, Im tapping out.
Im tired of the yackity "Thank you mr VP" yackity "Thank you Mr. Vp" yackity ............

his 15 second reply went 2 minutes!  (at least it seems that long!)

NOW we are back to "Before I speak to that I want to go back to ...."

IM OUT!

Did you miss the fly, then? Highlight of the campaign.
I know it's a genus.

clean

It looks like I recorded it. I havent deleted it yet.  IF there is a highlight, tell me about when in the 'event' it was and Ill fast forward before I get rid of it!

On the other hand, IF ANYTHING of note happened, it will be ALL that is reported.  Otherwise the 'fake news' /fourth estate will have to make do with whatever they can find

mythbuster

All moderators should be equipped with an air horn. You go over, one warning, and then let it loose.

clean

Jimmy Kimmel covered the fly. 

See, I told you, IF anything interesting happens, it will be PRIME news!!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: mythbuster on October 07, 2020, 08:32:49 PM
All moderators should be equipped with an air horn. You go over, one warning, and then let it loose.

I like this idea.

AmLitHist

Looks like the Biden "Truth over Flies" swatters sold out immediately.

I hope I can get one of the "I'm speaking" shirts to teach in, should we ever go back into the classroom.

Even a lowly fly gets his 15 minutes of fame.

spork

I predict we're going to see more attempted acts of terrorism by neo-Nazi groups before the election. I hope none of them succeed. I'm glad Governor Whitmer was not harmed.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

Langue_doc

Quote from: clean on October 07, 2020, 08:39:34 PM
Jimmy Kimmel covered the fly. 

See, I told you, IF anything interesting happens, it will be PRIME news!!

Horsewhip, perhaps?

Langue_doc

The above was a reply to Mythbuster. I'm still grappling with the quote function.

secundem_artem

Quote from: spork on October 08, 2020, 10:00:14 AM
I predict we're going to see more attempted acts of terrorism by neo-Nazi groups before the election. I hope none of them succeed. I'm glad Governor Whitmer was not harmed.

And probably after the election as well.  If Trump does lose, I cannot imagine 30 million MAGA hats, armed with the latest near military-grade weaponry, is going to go quietly.  I don't think the likelihood is all that high, but I do believe there is a non-zero risk of a 2nd civil war.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

hmaria1609

Got my absentee ballot in the mail from my county Elections Board today.

mamselle

Quote from: hmaria1609 on October 08, 2020, 06:26:31 PM
Got my absentee ballot in the mail from my county Elections Board today.

Same here, from the town (we don't have a county anymore).

I think there's a drop-off box at the end of my street so I'll go there Sunday.

Good to get it done and in.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Langue_doc

I have two absentee ballots, both in my name, with directions to "destroy" and not "use the ballot envelope previously sent". I'll take mine to the polling site.