News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Lunch!

Started by evil_physics_witchcraft, May 24, 2020, 01:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Ooohhh..figs (or fig preserves) with melted brie, chevre, camembert...anything gooey and runny....ummmm...

The figs on your Gouda triscuits might be nice...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

Quote from: mamselle on June 01, 2020, 08:08:01 AM
Ooohhh..figs (or fig preserves) with melted brie, chevre, camembert...anything gooey and runny....ummmm...

The figs on your Gouda triscuits might be nice...

M.

Trader Joe's has some very nice fig preserves.  I got my mother some on my last trip to the city before the shutdowns started (Wow, that was a long time ago!).  She has been making them last, and keeps telling me how much she loves them.  Next time I get a chance to go, I'm getting both of us some more.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

mamselle

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Vkw10

Soft boiled egg over sautéed spinach. Lemonade.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

evil_physics_witchcraft

Leftover homemade potato salad and broccoli slaw. Iced lemon ginger tea.

Stockmann

Fried trout with ginger and garlic, fried asparagus and Russian salad.

mamselle

Half a croissant, split, with Bernaise-like sauce, turkey, chevre, and bacon, heated until the cheese melted.

Two cookies and tea for dessert.

M.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: mamselle on June 01, 2020, 05:51:18 PM
Half a croissant, split, with Bernaise-like sauce, turkey, chevre, and bacon, heated until the cheese melted.

Two cookies and tea for dessert.

M.

Sounds delish!

ab_grp

You people are having some delicious lunch.  We had leftover spinach and feta pizza from Domino's with salad from local restaurant.  Pretty hungry.

lightning

Quote from: apl68 on June 01, 2020, 09:02:28 AM

Trader Joe's . . . .

That's always my standby for lunch, until today, when it was closed early.

AmLitHist

Deli turkey sandwich on wheat toast with mayo and stone ground mustard and sharp cheddar.  I could have this every day.  Also the bottoms of the Lays chips bag, and iced tea. 

We are Fancy, as it used to be said on the old Fora.

Vkw10

Quote from: Stockmann on June 01, 2020, 01:19:07 PM

Wonder if Stockman had any leftovers? Sounds better than my boiled egg with mustard greens.

Stockmann

Quote from: Vkw10 on June 02, 2020, 11:39:14 AM
Quote from: Stockmann on June 01, 2020, 01:19:07 PM

Wonder if Stockman had any leftovers? Sounds better than my boiled egg with mustard greens.

Nope, we ate it all. If it's any consolation, the Russian salad was the Perestroika version - no egg, capers, quail, etc.

ab_grp

We finally got a chance to order lunch delivery yesterday.  I've been wanting to get subs (I reserve "hoagies" for the real deal) for a while, and there is about one restaurant here that makes them.  We got a bunch of different kinds: a cold Italian-ish with oil and vinegar and a cold roast beef with mayo (both with lettuce and tomato, plus onions on the Italian-ish), a hot Italian sausage and a hot reuben, and some other cold sub my spouse got but didn't open yet.  They were pretty good overall, though you just can't get the right rolls here for whatever reason.  I thought the Italian-ish was the best.  The interface only allowed us to add one topping (e.g., we could add oil and vinegar, which were paired, but then not lettuce etc.), so we put it in the special instructions, and it worked out fine.  I just wish they would have put on some salt and pepper, but I guess we will have to add that next time.  Still, it was great to have something different, easy, and yummy, and we have leftovers! (except for the Italian sausage)  I miss good hoagies, but I told my spouse I would probably eat at Wawa every day for a month if they opened one here.  Sigh!

Vkw10

We made stuffed pasta shells today. Ricotta, spinach, onion, homemade marinara, yummy. Added two trays to freezer for later in the week. The remaining ricotta is reserved for cannoli, planned for tomorrow.