News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What does Fuel Cost in your Neighborhood?

Started by clean, June 18, 2019, 11:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmLitHist

Back up to $1.99 here, from its low of $1.31.

hmaria1609

Filled up at $1.89 at Costco today.  Other gas stations are $1.99 and up.

evil_physics_witchcraft

clean

up at least a dime since I last noticed.  Closest to my house it is now $1.79.
By comparison, a bargain price!  As I am not driving much, I still have more than 1/2 a tank, so all is good! 

Have you noticed any price increases in your neighborhood?
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

hmaria1609

$1.97 at Costco now.  $2.09 and up at the other stations.  If you're filling up and get the car wash, there's a discount.

evil_physics_witchcraft

polly_mer

I filled up this week at $0.92/gal (after my frequent shopper points were applied).
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

hmaria1609

paultuttle

mamselle

Quote from: clean on July 24, 2019, 02:05:04 PM
FLORIDA Fuel Price 'scam'?  $4.58!!  (and premium was over $5 a US Gallon!)

I was near the Orlando Airport yesterday looking for gas to fill up the rental car.  I missed a turn by one block and ended up pulling into something called Sun "something".  There were half a dozen people fueling up, and I was about to put gas in the tank and I saw the price. At first I thought it was a mistake on the pump, but I noticed the sign in front and it was well over $4 a gallon! 

I got out of there fast and made my way one more block further down to a WaWa (dont know how you spell it as we dont have them in my part of the country).  There the gas was 'only' $2.78 or so. 

Why would ANYONE pay almost twice as much for a gallon of gas only one block further down? 

Anyone ever  hear of stations such as that... Sun "something?"

Have you ever seen a similar thing near the airport rental car returns?

I've been in and out of the Atlanta airport where I think the only reason for a similar price difference is because everyone misses the first turn, has to get off at the next turn to get gas and return their rental on time (because they're more worried at that point about making their next connection) and can't afford to comparison shop because, time.

Some places have all the angles figured.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

clean

I filled up my car today (1.99 a gallon).
It has been almost 2 months to the day since I filled it up! 
Not a lot of driving in the lockdown!!

How much driving are you doing these days?

What are gas prices in your neighborhood?
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

apl68

I don't do a lot of driving on a day-to-day basis in normal times, since I commute to work on foot and run many errands by bicycle.  Oddly enough I've done a little bit of extra driving as a result of the plague.  All banking now has to be done by drive-through window.  I can't bicycle through the drive-through.  So I have to drive downtown every time I make a deposit.

I normally take longer drives every few weeks to go to bookstores, attend professional meetings, visit family, etc.  Since mid-March I've done less of this than normal.  I think I've driven out of the county four times in the last four months.  But these have all been to destinations that were hours away, so I have racked up some hundreds of miles. 

Gas is a bit under $2 a gallon locally now.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

mamselle

We used not to be allowed to walk or cycle through the outdoor bank lines but they lifted that in March to be able to close the indoors "walk-up" teller stations.

The banks are still closed, so I think that's still the case.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

AmLitHist

It's been in the $2.2x range for the past month or so.  I had to take ALHS to a dr. appointment in St. Louis today and filled up downtown for $1.79/gallon; all the other places we passed in the city were $1.99.

hmaria1609

Still holding at $2.05 at Costco and Sam's Club.  It's $2.25 and up at other stations.