News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Candle-Zero on Your Cake

Started by Juvenal, June 10, 2019, 02:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juvenal

OK, what was the "main event" in your birth year?  For self?  Well, most general, "D-Day."  But I was still slumbering inside Mom, but just before my advent the most severe earthquake for my state (since those recorded) jostled Mom, not far from the epicenter.  And a major hurricane swept ashore in my state on my birth day.  Maybe the low pressure pulled me out?  Yes, I'm outing myself: New York State, 1944.  Deal with it.
Cranky septuagenarian

polly_mer

A US president resigned the same year I was born.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Fantod

The US landed a man on the moon in my birth year.

mamselle

Queen Elizabeth was crowned 6 months after I was born.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

drbrt

clean

Gulf of Tonkin incident a few months before I was born.

The few days around my birth hosted some Olympic games (I think in Japan).

At least those that have replied so far were born before (the first) Star Wars came out.  That is comforting to read

Im sure that there will be plenty who reply after will be Post Star Wars babies. 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

mamselle

We went to see Star Wars I sometime in the first month after we were married.

It took that long for the snow to be cleared from the cinema steps across the rotary from our apartment.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

sinenomine

MLK and RFK were assassinated the year I was born.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

ciao_yall

Pet Sounds and Revolver both topped the Billboard Charts the year I was born, along with a number of other amazing albums.

marshwiggle

The Berlin Wall was built the year I was born. (Probably not specifically to keep me out. Or in.)
It takes so little to be above average.

aside

The Yankees won the World Series the year I was born.

mamselle

aside

nescafe

The massacres at Sabra and Shatila.

cathwen

Truman won the presidential election the year I was born.