News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

tRump's teleprompter tics

Started by nebo113, August 06, 2019, 05:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nebo113

I've never used a teleprompter....my school never provided them in our classrooms (ha), but it seems to me that tRump's teleprompter performances are quite different than his other forms of attempted speech.  Does he almost descend into vocal fry?  And does he have audible breath intakes that seem to resemble snorting coke....though I've never done that either.

mamselle

I don't own a TV and don't actively seek to hear him if avoidable.

So...I can't comment.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

He needs but doesn't wear glasses, and so he anticipates... weirdly. (I also suspect he's not the strongest reader out there.)
I know it's a genus.

mythbuster

It's widely thought that he is functionally illiterate. So providing him with a written script, that likely uses vocabulary beyond his normal ability, is a stretch for him.

Antiphon1

He is woefully under rehearsed (flat delivery, no inflection) and not interested in the performance. I'm seeing surly, sulky teenager insincerity, but maybe it's just me. 

nebo113

Never thought about  a need for glasses!  Functionally illiterate.  Unrehearsed.  And doesn't believe in what he's reading.  We're in deep trouble.