News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Back wandering ivy-decked halls

Started by mouseman, August 25, 2019, 01:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouseman

As I threatened, I am returning to academia (kinda). The Catwoman has accepted the position of director of a large institute at a very large Midwestern University, and we are moving away from Chicagoland. I will be working in outreach/extension/coordination, and doing some teaching. I will begin in Spring semester by managing a capstone course, about which I am excited (and for which I will be asking for advice here)

When I left academia 5 years ago (it has been that long) I never really expected to return to work for any University, so this is interesting, to say the least.
"Just the place for a Snark!" the Bellman cried,
   As he landed his crew with care;
Supporting each man on the top of the tide
   By a finger entwined in his hair.

Lewis Carroll

polly_mer

Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

aside

Well, congratulations and welcome back!

Thursday's_Child

Yippee!

<total change of subject>
They grow ivy in the Midwest?  I can think of better uses for the water...  IIRC, you were working progressively on converting a lawn to prairie in the big windy, so you're still in the correct habitat to continue that. :)

Kron3007

Are congrats or condolences more appropriate....

Just kidding, hope you like the encore.

hmaria1609

Good to see you here!
For some reason I thought your posting was a variation on some holiday song title or verse at first.