News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Now I'll have to work myself up to Senior Member again.

Started by new_anth, August 29, 2019, 07:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new_anth

I'm glad to be back on the CHE fora... now with less CHE.

new_anth

lillipat

Hello and welcome!  I was more of a lurker and very occasional poster on the old fora (and I used a different moniker there), but I noticed this thread and it looked a little lonely, so I figured I could say something as well as anyone.  Hope you build your post count back up quickly!

namazu

The fora are dead.  Long live the fora! 

Welcome back.

Aster

mamselle

Surprised you didn't name yourself Argentium instead, then...

;--}

Welcome!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Vkw10

Welcome! And, thank you for offering us all an opportunity to work toward senior status.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

Ad_Astra

I'm brand new here but I've been coming to the fora (mostly lurking) since 2013. I see a lot of names I know here, and that's heartening. I'd just like to say hi to everybody!  It's good to be here, and to see that there are so many of you still here!  The forms were invaluable in helping me adjust to academia as a brand new professor, and I got advice that I truly appreciated (and worked!) Even when I worked, reading the posts made me feel as if I had things in common with other professors and had a place to share common experiences.

I'm not really sure what happened to the old fora, or why, but  possibly I'll figure it out if I read enough old posts. I had the summer off, and I wasn't online much.  Indeed, it has been been quite a few months since I had visited the forms. So I was surprised today to see that they were inactive. I was led here by the statement on CHE website. I'm glad this place exists, and I look forward to becoming active again and getting to share conversation with some of you.

mamselle

Short version, CHE moved on, and a few folks did a great job of taking the initiative and constructing an excellent crossover lily pad for all us galumphing forumites to land on.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Grinch

There is still quite a bit of CHE. People are still pulling quotes from CHE boards and trying to resurrect old threads. Others are using this as a fresh start. Interesting to sit back and watch.