News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Post For Stuff You Wanna Tell People

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 17, 2019, 10:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polly_mer

A very readable explanation of mean, median, and mode and why they might matter to the average person reading a newspaper article: https://slate.com/technology/2019/12/starbucks-pay-equity-claim-reasons-for-skepticism.html
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Parasaurolophus

OMG THERE'S GOING TO BE A TV SERIES OF THE WHEEL OF TIME!

I worry I'll find it unwatchable, though. Just like Game of Thrones, which I couldn't stand.
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

I know it is late in the semester and grades are coming due.  I know you are hassled and stressed out.  But please, when you pick something up off the printer just do a quick scan of the documents and make sure you have not picked up something someone else has already printed.  Not a biggee, just annoying.  And we've been told to hold our printing to a reasonable quantity----when you just snatch up the 3 papers I just printed and disappear that doesn't help.  Maybe even run them back to the printer; our hallway is very short.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

Kwell. The grades are in (uuuuugh!) and I'm taking off for a week. I'll only check in intermittently, so be good!
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

In the weird coincidence (?) category...

Many years ago (around 20?), I was good friends with a woman from VA.  She told me about a person she knew (maybe worked with) who had a rather particular and probably unique name that I thought was really neat and that I have never forgotten (not going to say what, obviously).   At the time, I lived on the east coast as well, but I moved most of the way across the country a couple years ago.  I had told my spouse and others about this person's name because it has always delighted me, and I even named one of my printers with that name as its mapping.  Today I decided to look the person up to see what the person might be up to.  Guess where the only person listed with that name lives? My current location.

larryc

Honey, I love you and I love the road trips we take together. But why on Earth have you developed this habit of slowing down at the top of the entrance ramp to freeways? You slow and edge your way into traffic, forcing whatever poor sap is behind you as you enter to brake. It is dangerous, and you never used to do it. "I want to be careful," you say, but it is anything but careful.

mamselle

Eeek.

Yeah.

Tell her.

(Is it eyesight/hearing issues, maybe? If she can't see/hear clearly who's coming she might be slowing up out of fright or a sudden loss of nerve to get into the flow of traffic.....)

But, yeah, a bit scary to be in a car when people do stuff like that...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

The lounge is all out of non-knife cutlery, so I'm eating my pasta with pencil-chopsticks. Move over, Klobuchar! Combs are so last year.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 16, 2020, 12:51:15 PM
The lounge is all out of non-knife cutlery, so I'm eating my pasta with pencil-chopsticks. Move over, Klobuchar! Combs are so last year.

You could go for the middle and use hair chopsticks! I can't figure out how they actually work to hold hair in place (probably my own lack of coordination at play), so they have to be good for something.

mamselle

It works best with long, thick hair.

First, twist the hair above your head until it's pretty tight.

Wrap around itself several times and tuck the end under the knot.

Snag some of the hair in the knot from the right, point down towards the skull, lightly scrape along the skull to get leverage, then raise the point within the knot by lowering the larger end; catch and hold with one hand while you repeat with the other.

Criss-cross the two either high on your head, if you can, or lower down , if necessary.

Repeat in about 5 min. when it all falls out and you have to do the whole thing all over again...

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

alto_stratus

Long time no see! 

I just eating my kimchi with chopsticks.  They are much more satisfying when used for eating than coiffure.

mamselle

Especially if you don't try to do the one right after the other...

;--}

M.

(Good to see you!)

Parasaurolophus

InDesign and cleaning in the morning.

Now for the dreaded referee report.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 02, 2020, 10:05:39 AM
Palindrome day!

(02/02/2020)

I sent one of the articles to my sister...it's her birthday, too.

M.