Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Post For Stuff You Wanna Tell People

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 17, 2019, 10:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polly_mer

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 18, 2020, 03:55:23 PM
Quote from: polly_mer on May 18, 2020, 03:52:58 PM

The talk that I will give on Wednesday for an international virtual conference was officially approved for public release as of an hour ago.  I've met my quota of productivity for the day.

I should take lessons. I woke up early and made a randomized quiz for one of my classes, but then rested on my laurels for a few hours and twiddled my thumbs.

Ideally, the talk would have been in the system for official approval last Monday, but I spent a good part of today hounding people on my last-minute need for the approval process to go quickly.

This particular talk is very different from the talk we discussed in January, but my funder approved it and therefore my manager is happy with a talk that has zero results.  The conference is happy that anyone is still speaking and attending, so we're all good.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Parasaurolophus

It took three hours for me to split the videos into uploadable chunks, upload them to YouTube, and then get the links up on the LMS. Whew.

Most of that time is just waiting for things, but it's hard to do real work while you're constantly being interrupted by various processes and having to start new ones. But it could have been worse! And now they're up and I can just reuse them in the fall and winter.
I know it's a genus.

polly_mer

Parasaurolophus

Just found a tick crawling on my laptop screen. Sigh.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Flame me if you want.

I'm in love with Baby Yoda.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Vkw10

A meeting on contingency planning today opened with The Mississippi Squirrel Revival official video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K16fG1sDagU

The meeting closed with another video by Ray Stevens, one my Grandma Ethel loved. Virtual cookies to the first person to identify the song.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

polly_mer

Quote from: Vkw10 on June 05, 2020, 03:39:00 PM
The meeting closed with another video by Ray Stevens, one my Grandma Ethel loved. Virtual cookies to the first person to identify the song.

The Streak with "Don't look, Ethel!"

mamselle

You beat me!

I just started listening to try to figure it out.

I was about to guess "Blue Cyclone because of the stalwart 83-year old grandmother in part 1....

Thanks for the nuttiness!

Just what I needed at the end of a tightly-packed week.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Vkw10

Quote from: polly_mer on June 05, 2020, 04:08:17 PM
Quote from: Vkw10 on June 05, 2020, 03:39:00 PM

The Streak with "Don't look, Ethel!"

Virtual cookies! Pinwheels, whoopie pies, shortbread, raspberry thumbprints, gingersnaps, chocolate chip, peanut butter, cheese wafers, snickerdoodles, oatmeal raisin, or pepper snaps, all baked from Grandma's recipes.  (Personally, I'd avoid the pepper snaps, but my brother loved the heat, so I made a few.)
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

mamselle

Can we get some (interthreadual) bake sale donations, Polly?

M.

Parasaurolophus

I got a large tax return and I've decided (unwisely) to sink a chunk of it into a mail hauberk. So there. You can't tell me what (not) to do!
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Do you need an under-kirtle to go with that?

Or a houppeland to wear over it?

;--}

You'll be the best-dressed knight at the ball!

M.

Parasaurolophus

Tonight is the first French debate for the leadership of the Conservative Party of Canada. Two of the four know no French, and the other two... struggle. I can't wait.

(CBC is streaming it for free, btw. 19h00 EST.)
I know it's a genus.

quasihumanist

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 17, 2020, 11:23:33 AM
Tonight is the first French debate for the leadership of the Conservative Party of Canada. Two of the four know no French, and the other two... struggle. I can't wait.

(CBC is streaming it for free, btw. 19h00 EST.)

Well with my bad French I understand bad French better than properly spoken French...

Parasaurolophus

I tuned in 10 minutes late. The livestream features an empty stage and energetic muzak on a loop.

I think that says it all rather eloquently, really.
I know it's a genus.