News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself.

Started by redcrazykid, December 29, 2023, 08:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

I would have loved to have heard that zoologist's Bigfoot talk.  Or read the paper it was based on.

I grew up literally not a hundred miles from some of the most notorious Bigfoot incidents of the 1970s.  So I heard a lot of Bigfoot talk as local or regional news.  Our family lived in the woods, and I half-worried as a child that he might show up at our place one evening.

What we do actually have, both where my parents still live and where I live now, is black bears.  Attempts to re-introduce them to the region in recent decades have been quite successful.  I've never seen one myself, but I've known several people who have. 

A few years ago our pastor's wife spotted a bear while deer hunting.  She couldn't wait to tell somebody about it.  By coincidence, she ran into a game warden while on her way home, and breathlessly told him that he wouldn't believe what she had just seen.  "A bear?" he replied.  He'd heard it all before!
See, your King is coming to you, just and bringing salvation, gentle and lowly, and riding upon a donkey.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: Hegemony on January 03, 2024, 09:23:11 PM
Quote from: Wahoo Redux on January 03, 2024, 04:50:07 PMOne time, on one of my family's many expeditions to the wilderness, my sister saw something that she could only describe as "Big and brown!  Big and brown!"  It scared her rather badly.  I have always assumed she sighted a brown bear----which actually is kind of frightening----which caught a whiff of all our chemical smells and took off...but now I wonder...what did she actually see?

Since brown bears are well documented, and Bigfoots are not, the odds are overwhelming that she saw a brown bear. Or maybe a moose, depending on your location?

I heard an interesting talk from a zoologist on the possibility of Bigfoot. He mapped out the square acreage that would be needed to support one hominid of that size, and then the amount of individuals there would have to be out there for them to find each other, mate without becoming destructively inbred, the land needed for a mother to get enough food to raise at least one offspring, and so on. He did not say "It would be impossible for this species to exist in enough numbers to remain viable and yet remain undetected" in so many words, but the message was pretty clear.

I read on the Internet that Bigfoot is quite possibly an interdimensional being.  I am not sure exactly what that means (perhaps someone in physics can explain it here?), but you can't lie if you post on the Internet, so I would say that it is a strong possibility.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Hegemony

Ah, interdimensional! That is the cryptozoologist's word for what used to be known as "magical."

secundem_artem

The comedian Mitch Hedberg used to observe that the photos of Bigfoot were nearly always blurry.  In his opinion, this was not a function of a poor photograph.  The pictures are not blurry, Bigfoot is blurry. 

Probably the same problem with photos of Nessie, the Abominable Snowman, Ogopogo, the Chupacabra, or Champ.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: secundem_artem on January 05, 2024, 09:34:36 AMThe comedian Mitch Hedberg used to observe that the photos of Bigfoot were nearly always blurry.  In his opinion, this was not a function of a poor photograph.  The pictures are not blurry, Bigfoot is blurry. 

Probably the same problem with photos of Nessie, the Abominable Snowman, Ogopogo, the Chupacabra, or Champ.

Hmmmmm...my uncle is blurry in all his photographs...

But let's not even mess with the Chupacabra.  I mean, that's not even funny!

jimbogumbo

Quote from: secundem_artem on January 05, 2024, 09:34:36 AMThe comedian Mitch Hedberg used to observe that the photos of Bigfoot were nearly always blurry.  In his opinion, this was not a function of a poor photograph.  The pictures are not blurry, Bigfoot is blurry. 

Because they are all interdimensional. Duh!

nebo113

Anybody else introduced to the paranormal by Art Bell???

Anselm

Sasquatch is a legend that is used to prop up Northern cultural domination.  The Southern regions believe in swamp creatures.
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

Ruralguy

i certainly remember Art Bell. I'd end up leaving my radio on, and then wake up in the middle of the night to creepy tales of shadow people and aliens and such. It kind of scared me! I knew it was fake, but still....

Wahoo Redux

Art Bell used to amuse my father no end.  That's how I learned about Bell, listening to my father snickering in front of the computer.

Wonder what Bell's net worth is?

Anselm

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on January 08, 2024, 05:59:17 PMArt Bell used to amuse my father no end.  That's how I learned about Bell, listening to my father snickering in front of the computer.

Art has passed on and transmigrated to Zeta Reticuli with the Annunaki and Zechariah Sitchin.

He was a favorite among insomniacs and truckers and anyone who wanted a break from political talk radio. 
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: Anselm on January 08, 2024, 06:27:46 PM
Quote from: Wahoo Redux on January 08, 2024, 05:59:17 PMArt Bell used to amuse my father no end.  That's how I learned about Bell, listening to my father snickering in front of the computer.

Art has passed on and transmigrated to Zeta Reticuli with the Annunaki and Zechariah Sitchin.

He was a favorite among insomniacs and truckers and anyone who wanted a break from political talk radio. 

I am so sad...

nebo113

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on January 08, 2024, 08:08:15 PM
Quote from: Anselm on January 08, 2024, 06:27:46 PM

I am so sad...

He lives on in podcasts.