News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Modifying posts

Started by namazu, June 26, 2019, 04:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

namazu

I went to modify a post I made about a minute ago, and I don't see the "modify" option.

Should it be there?  (And if so, for how long, for future reference?)

Thanks!

EDIT: Oddly, I do see it here.  Is it only enabled in certain subfora?  Or will it vanish in a few seconds, too?

EDIT2: Looks like maybe it's unavailable in the Help & Questions subforum (which is, as I understand it, available to non-member guests as well) but available everywhere else.  Yes?

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: namazu on June 26, 2019, 04:40:18 PM

EDIT2: Looks like maybe it's unavailable in the Help & Questions subforum (which is, as I understand it, available to non-member guests as well) but available everywhere else.  Yes?

Yup!

I can modify the post for you, though, if you want.
I know it's a genus.

namazu

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 26, 2019, 05:21:22 PMYup!

No need -- it was really just an aside.  (New/old member with a chord-moniker, you have good taste in music!)

Thanks for confirming that I'm not imagining things, though!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: namazu on June 26, 2019, 05:40:24 PM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 26, 2019, 05:21:22 PMYup!

No need -- it was really just an aside.  (New/old member with a chord-moniker, you have good taste in music!)

Thanks for confirming that I'm not imagining things, though!

Shrug. I pasted it in for you. There's not a ton of moderating going on at the moment, so no task is too trivial!
I know it's a genus.

namazu

Oh. That was a simplified version of what I'd actually wanted to say.  :)   No matter.  Still true!  Thanks, anyway!

Should we recruit more spammers to give you something to do?

Do members of Parasaurolophus wear hats?  Or would they interfere with your thermoregulation/appearance/sound system?

polly_mer

Quote from: namazu on June 26, 2019, 08:39:20 PM

I'm curious what this would look like.  I've seen your posts on the old fora spreading the word for new members.  What's your recruitment message for new spammers?
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

namazu

Quote from: polly_mer on June 27, 2019, 04:59:56 AM
I'm curious what this would look like.  I've seen your posts on the old fora spreading the word for new members.  What's your recruitment message for new spammers?
To be honest, I hadn't thought that through, but I was hoping that Baba-ji might have a spell to drive them here.

Conjugate

I feel certain that just chatting up these fora on FB would do wonders for the spammer population.  Still, let's not, maybe?

Conjugate

∀ε>0∃δ>0∋|x–a|<δ⇒|ƒ(x)-ƒ(a)|<ε

polly_mer

Quote from: namazu on June 27, 2019, 07:55:43 AM
Quote from: polly_mer on June 27, 2019, 04:59:56 AM
To be honest, I hadn't thought that through, but I was hoping that Baba-ji might have a spell to drive them here.

But...but...those posts are already gone and I have no means to get another set of spells.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!