News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

2020 Elections

Started by spork, June 22, 2019, 01:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Descartes

No, it was the decedent's alleged girlfriend (He had a wife too.  She didn't burn anything.)

nebo113

Quote from: Descartes on June 23, 2020, 01:30:07 PM
No, it was the decedent's alleged girlfriend (He had a wife too.  She didn't burn anything.)

Do you have a source?  I've been looking....  Not doubting you.  I just like original source material.

Hegemony

Maybe Biden would pick an African-American running mate (if he does) because he think African-American voices have been disempowered, and this is an important chance to bring one close to the center of American power for only the second time in the long history of the country. I mean, sure, be as cynical as you want, but the reason that many people want a woman or an African-American or both for vice president is not as a cynical strategy to win over a certain demographic, but because they think that people from those categories have lacked a place at the table for too long. And, you know, they're right.

marshwiggle

Quote from: Hegemony on June 24, 2020, 04:49:57 AM
Maybe Biden would pick an African-American running mate (if he does) because he think African-American voices have been disempowered, and this is an important chance to bring one close to the center of American power for only the second time in the long history of the country. I mean, sure, be as cynical as you want, but the reason that many people want a woman or an African-American or both for vice president is not as a cynical strategy to win over a certain demographic, but because they think that people from those categories have lacked a place at the table for too long. And, you know, they're right.

Or because, you know, if you don't vote for Biden, "You ain't black".
It takes so little to be above average.

clean

QuoteNo, it was the decedent's alleged girlfriend (He had a wife too.  She didn't burn anything.)

Do you have a source?  I've been looking....  Not doubting you.  I just like original source material.

On the recording of his arrest, he said that his girlfriend lived only a block away and gave her name.  The network news (either ABC or NBC) showed that part of his arrest when the woman was named and her picture shown. 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

nebo113

Quote from: clean on June 24, 2020, 07:38:32 AM
QuoteNo, it was the decedent's alleged girlfriend (He had a wife too.  She didn't burn anything.)

On the recording of his arrest, he said that his girlfriend lived only a block away and gave her name.  The network news (either ABC or NBC) showed that part of his arrest when the woman was named and her picture shown.

Hmmmmmm....Thanks.

Economizer

I have read reports of a young man that spearheaded the placing thousands of false reservations for attendees to a recent Trump rally in the miidwest. If the action caused unnecessary expense to Mr. Trump's re-election organization, might there be grounds for recompense?

Would such an action be agreeable to our entire body politic?  I do believe that the name of the organizer was given out in press reports.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

clean

QuoteI have read reports of a young man that spearheaded the placing thousands of false reservations for attendees to a recent Trump rally in the miidwest. If the action caused unnecessary expense to Mr. Trump's re-election organization, might there be grounds for recompense?

Would such an action be agreeable to our entire body politic?  I do believe that the name of the organizer was given out in press reports.

I think that there was a symbiotic relationship here.  The 'young man' benefited by being an ass and 'sticking it to Trump'.  The campaign benefited by 'distributing' a shit-ton (a metric unit I believe) of tickets.  The campaign had a plan to have a second/overflow area IF there had been sufficient folks visiting.  Did people not attend because there were no tickets? I did not hear any news of that!
I heard that people were afraid because of CV19 or civil unrest, but not because they could not secure a ticket.

The Campaign had the ability to stop this!  All that it would have taken was charge a $1 donation for a ticket!  Die hard supporters would have gladly paid a $1 and protesters would NOT have paid even $1 in donations to the campaign (and certainly would not have ordered thousands of tickets if there was even a nominal cost!)

So they both got something from this!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

mamselle

What with voter registration still being an issue, I was struck by this item that appeared in my YouTube feed this afternoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRe648clNjg

Forty-eight years and we still haven't solved it yet...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Economizer

My seeing, on various prominent media, quite a bit of malicious comments or remarks, my thought is that if gutter snipees succeed in deterrmining an election's winner, then, our Higher Education systems have failed. Y'all can quote me on that, if it has not been already said.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

mahagonny

Quote from: Economizer on July 05, 2020, 12:10:03 PM
My seeing, on various prominent media, quite a bit of malicious comments or remarks, my thought is that if gutter snipees succeed in deterrmining an election's winner, then, our Higher Education systems have failed. Y'all can quote me on that, if it has not been already said.

Well, where to start? The Donald makes fat jokes about Stacey Abrams, not only fat jokes, but the kind of fat jokes that your sixth grade kid thinks of.

Anselm

Is anyone on board with Kanye West?  I am amazed that we have not seen other highly publicized independent campaigns for the presidency at this time in the game. 
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

Parasaurolophus

I don't think even Kanye West is on board with Kanye West.
I know it's a genus.

secundem_artem

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 06, 2020, 09:26:38 AM
I don't think even Kanye West is on board with Kanye West.

Yeezus lives on a different plane of existence.  Somewhere in the 23rd dimension, he makes sense.  Just not to us plebs.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances