News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What does Fuel Cost in your Neighborhood?

Started by clean, June 18, 2019, 11:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Economizer

Well, in my hole in the forest, at Sam's club, it was $2.38 for regular unleaded a couple of days ago. As I pulled up to to the pumps a black fellow of like station, automotively speaking, was proximate, just beginning to  "gas up". He looked at me in a manner of woe that gave his opinion of recent price increases. My verbal reply was, "NOW LOOK WHAT Y'ALL HAVE DONE!". For a moment there I thought I had angered him. But then he smiled. I was relieved. To quote actor, singer, comedian, and more, of the 20th century, Phil Harris, "That's What I Like About About The South"!!!
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

EdnaMode

We're up to $2.99, $2.84 at Sam's Club. I'm betting it will go over $3 any day now.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

hmaria1609

Now $2.54 at Costco and Sam's Club. $2.75 and up at the other stations

evil_physics_witchcraft

Langue_doc

Quote from: Langue_doc on February 26, 2021, 04:16:13 PM
Quote from: Langue_doc on January 22, 2021, 10:51:21 AM
$2.49 today. Just a month ago, it was $2.09.

$2.67 this week.  It's going to be an expensive summer if I want to travel.

$2.75 today. At this rate, it's going to be around $4.00 by summer.

clean

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Langue_doc

$2.89 along the Garden State. Not too long ago, New Yorkers would fill up in NJ if they happened to be on the other side of the border.

Vkw10

$2.39 at the cheap place, $2.55 at most places, in central Texas.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

hmaria1609

We've got a price match, clean! Now it's $2.59 at Sam's and Costco. $2.79 and up at the others.

EdnaMode

$3.09 yesterday evening when I filled up on the way home from work. $3.03 if you have the gas station's membership card.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

hmaria1609

$2.64 when I filled up at Costco today.  $2.77 and up at the others.

apl68

Somebody told me with a straight face yesterday that he had spoken with a guy who got gas for only $1.35.  Then he said that unfortunately the guy was talking about Taco Bell.
If any will come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow me.
Whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever will lose his life for my sake will find it.
For how does a man profit if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul?

hmaria1609

Now $2.69 at Costco and Sam's.  $2.73 and up at others

hmaria1609

$2.57 at Costco and Sam's Club. $2.63 and up nearby

Vkw10

Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)