News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What does Fuel Cost in your Neighborhood?

Started by clean, June 18, 2019, 11:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmaria1609

$2.50 when I filled up at Costco mid-week.  Other gas stations are charging $2.53 and up around town.

paultuttle

$2.37 at the local Costco this morning.

One wonders whether tariffs on trade with China will affect these prices as well.

/snark off

ciao_yall

Quote from: paultuttle on August 03, 2019, 12:03:15 PM
$2.37 at the local Costco this morning.

One wonders whether tariffs on trade with China will affect these prices as well.

/snark off

When you consider that the pumps, hoses and other supporting products were probably made in China, not to mention the minimart having to make up some profit margin on lower sales of Chinese made/ingredient items in the store, and general inflation caused by higher prices on all consumer goods putting pressure on higher wages...

Yes, Chinese tariffs probably will affect these prices.

wellfleet

$3.79 yesterday, after having gone down a bit over the last couple of weeks.
One of the benefits of age is an enhanced ability not to say every stupid thing that crosses your mind. So there's that.

polly_mer

$1.50 this week after applying all the discounts for shopping at the affiliated grocery store.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Thursday's_Child

Lowest I've recently seen was $2.13.  I filled up at $2.19 yesterday, after seeing that some places had abruptly jumped to $2.39 - perhaps because of the drone attacks in Saudi?

clean

similar price action here now.  A few days ago it was $2.12. Then it slipped up to $2.19.  Today it Jumped to $2.39!

and NOW i need to fill up!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

DrSomebody

clean

I filled up on Sunday for $2.15.  Today, 2 days later, and it is up to $2.29.

What happened?
What is happening in your neighborhood?

DrSomebody

$2.17, though I paid $2.10--standard discount card anyone can get.

wellfleet

One of the benefits of age is an enhanced ability not to say every stupid thing that crosses your mind. So there's that.

polly_mer

I paid $1.49/gal last week after applying the fuel points from the related grocery store.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

clean

I was in San Antonio yesterday and filled up for $2.02 a mile or so from the airport! 

When I arrived home, the first price I saw near my local airport was $2.24. Closer to home I have seen as low as $2.12, but most are between those two prices.

What is it looking like in your neighborhood?

Vkw10

I paid $2.26 today in Texas, but I went to the expensive place because I'm avoiding traffic near Walmart, Target, and the outlet malls this month.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

hmaria1609

$2.24 when I filled up at Costco earlier this evening.  Other nearby stations are charging $2.35 and up.