News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What does Fuel Cost in your Neighborhood?

Started by clean, June 18, 2019, 11:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

I have been out of town. I visited Florida last week (to see my parents) and I believe that I filled up for $2.53 a gallon.

I have returned to my home area and I filled up for $2.19. 

What are you paying for gasoline these days?
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

hmaria1609

It was $2.26 when I went to Costco earlier today.  Other stations are $2.45 and up.

clean

I filled up Tuesday when I got home from my trip (at $2.19), and then on my way to work yesterday saw gas drop to $2.10!

polly_mer

Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

clean

prices are up a quarter.  I had to fill up today and the cheapest I could find was $2.35.  Not too long ago the price was closer to $2.10. 

What are you seeing for gas prices near July 4?

clean

Does the potential/future storm in the gulf already factor into my local fuel price?
Prices went up a dime!  now 2.45

I am driving to the airport in another (cheaper) city about 150 miles away shortly, and I needed to top off to get there. 

I wonder what prices are in Florida?  Im sure that Ill post after I get there! 

What are prices in your area? 

clean

Visiting my parents.

$2.45 in rural south Florida.

Has Barry bumped up prices in your area?

clean

BARRY !! You Bastard!!

I think it was Hurricane Barry, anyway. Prices today were $2.69  That is up a bit in less than 48 hours!!

bioteacher

Western PA (north and south, having been in both the last 2 days) $2.99/gal.

magnemite

$3.30 for regular, here on the west coast
may you ride eternal, shiny and chrome

clean

FLORIDA Fuel Price 'scam'?  $4.58!!  (and premium was over $5 a US Gallon!)

I was near the Orlando Airport yesterday looking for gas to fill up the rental car.  I missed a turn by one block and ended up pulling into something called Sun "something".  There were half a dozen people fueling up, and I was about to put gas in the tank and I saw the price. At first I thought it was a mistake on the pump, but I noticed the sign in front and it was well over $4 a gallon! 

I got out of there fast and made my way one more block further down to a WaWa (dont know how you spell it as we dont have them in my part of the country).  There the gas was 'only' $2.78 or so. 

Why would ANYONE pay almost twice as much for a gallon of gas only one block further down? 

Anyone ever  hear of stations such as that... Sun "something?"

Have you ever seen a similar thing near the airport rental car returns?

Thursday's_Child

Clean, was it ethanol-free, perhaps?  That adds quite a bit to the price - but I don't think nearly $2.  I'll pay more attention next time I see one.

In other news, the $0.25 increase due to Barry has mostly subsided.

clean

I dont know if it was ethanol free or not, and I m not near there to check!  In my local area, ethanol free adds some, but not nearly double the price of the 10% ethanol blend.

Thursday's_Child

I checked - it only adds about 50 cents here.  It might well have been due to the location + taking advantage of tourists who are short on time & don't know the area well.

traductio

We were travelling in Europe, which was fun, plus all the prices for things are in made-up numbers! So in Norway I bought gas for something like 15 kroner a liter, which was made all the easier by the fact I wasn't doing the conversion in my head.

The reason I wasn't doing the conversion is that I knew that was about US$6.20 a gallon or -- more frighteningly for me, since I spend Canadian dollars -- CDN$9.00 a gallon.