News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

March Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, March 01, 2024, 08:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wahoo Redux

Is it a disease that I am already collecting articles and buying books for the next big research project...?
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

Translation checking and lecture prep today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 24, 2024, 09:21:19 AMTranslation checking and lecture prep today.

Also, someone at a major scientific institution got in touch about my paper, so that's cool.
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 24, 2024, 05:33:09 PM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 24, 2024, 09:21:19 AMTranslation checking and lecture prep today.

Also, someone at a major scientific institution got in touch about my paper, so that's cool.

You are, like, burning it up, bruh.  Damn.

Parasaurolophus

Thanks!

I'm too sick to do much today. If I check any of the translation, that'll be a victory.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Too broken to work this morning, and the hatchling refused to nap. So: nothing.
I know it's a genus.

treeoflife

Manuscript was sent to the press. A project eight years in the making.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: treeoflife on March 26, 2024, 08:08:15 AMManuscript was sent to the press. A project eight years in the making.

Congratulations!

Feeling better today, so I'll write up a referee report and return to checking my translation. Doubt I'll finish checking everything before I have to send it in, but I'll be close, and that's good enough.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: treeoflife on March 26, 2024, 08:08:15 AMManuscript was sent to the press. A project eight years in the making.

Wow, congratulations!
I have been absent on here because of two back-to-back out of state trips. Thus, no book manuscript writing got done (shocker). However, I did get named a research fellow for an organization last week which is cool. I got the proof for a forthcoming chapter. Also, my sabbatical manuscript that has been under review for almost 9 months shows the status of "awaiting final decision" and I sure as heck hope it is a R&R and not a reject!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 26, 2024, 08:35:19 AMFeeling better today, so I'll write up a referee report and return to checking my translation. Doubt I'll finish checking everything before I have to send it in, but I'll be close, and that's good enough.

Report done, checked a decent bunch. Might make it to the end after all; we'll see what tomorrow brings.
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

W00T!!!!

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: darkstarrynight on March 26, 2024, 08:36:19 AM

Wow, congratulations!
I have been absent on here because of two back-to-back out of state trips. Thus, no book manuscript writing got done (shocker). However, I did get named a research fellow for an organization last week which is cool. I got the proof for a forthcoming chapter. Also, my sabbatical manuscript that has been under review for almost 9 months shows the status of "awaiting final decision" and I sure as heck hope it is a R&R and not a reject!

And again: W00T!!!!

Parasaurolophus

Busy teaching day, but I'd like to manage to check ~6 manuscript pages.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Though I did not do any book writing yet, I did complete a manuscript review yesterday.