News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

A Day of Labor

Started by wareagle, September 07, 2020, 06:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmaria1609

As apl68, library closed for Labor Day weekend. Enjoyed an afternoon of reading today!
*Sniffs* I smell someone's doing BBQ on my street.

kaysixteen

Took a road trip to Connecticut to visit what perhaps is the best used book store I have ever encountered, but cannot get to often enough, in Niantic.

mahagonny

In recognition of Labor Day, I could envision someone publishing a list that identifies individuals who intend to spread hatred of workers at the bottom rung of the academic ladder. If we can go on and on about systemic racism we ought to be able to recognize something so conspicuous.

apl68

Quote from: kaysixteen on September 07, 2020, 06:59:17 PM
Took a road trip to Connecticut to visit what perhaps is the best used book store I have ever encountered, but cannot get to often enough, in Niantic.

It's over 400 miles to the best comic shop I've ever encountered, so I sure can't get there often.  The last bricks-and-mortar shops that I'm aware of in our state just shut down, so I can't even visit there twice a year like I used to.

I've been smelling outdoor grilling here and there when I bicycle in the evening.  The main thing I did by way of holiday celebration was go to the local Sonic and get a banana shake.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all