News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

restaurants-- when to complain

Started by kaysixteen, December 18, 2023, 09:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

If the food is just not my style or preference, I go ahead and finish it. Or if the steak is a little overcooked for my feral (super rare) tastes, I am fine.

If there is clearly a mistake that the kitchen needs to know about (raw chicken, uncooked pasta, etc) then I do ask them to change it.

fishbrains

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on December 20, 2023, 08:01:02 AM
Quote from: fishbrains on December 20, 2023, 04:29:57 AMFrom my 15 years working in food service: A well-run restaurant wants to know when there's a problem; it's worst nightmare is a customer who does not complain then just never comes back, especially if it's a local mom-and-pop shop. On the other hand, a poorly-run restaurant might do something kind of untoward to your food if you send it back.

The problem is that as a customer sitting at a table it's hard to tell what kind of place you're in if you're there for the first or second time. And the prices on the menu aren't always a good indicator.

I worked in a lot of restaurants in high school and college, including a few grimy ones, and I've never seen this happen. Not saying it never does, but rare I think.

Yes, rare. But enough to make me hesitate.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

Juvenal

What with a fairly complex order for our table where the service was haphazard and we were (maybe) too cranky, we were told to "Get out!"  I don't eat out all that much, but this was certainly the first time I was ever thrown out of a restaurant.  And, yes, the food was terrible.  And, no, we did not pay.  Terrible service?  In Manhattan?  Of course not.  Chastised, we slunk away.  And ate elsewhere.  Brooklyn?
Cranky septuagenarian

downer

I will leave a negative review on Google.

If there's a confusion, I will ask the waitperson to sort it out.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis