News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Dinner--or Dessert--Tonight

Started by mamselle, June 03, 2019, 09:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinenomine

I made an early morning run to the grocery store this morning to restock my fruits and veggies (farm share starts next week, thankfully) and treated myself to chocolate and cream cheese brownies with white chocolate chips. So that's dessert sorted....
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

apl68

Store-bought potato salad, because the hot weather is now setting in, with a green salad.  I'm just a salad-eating fool right now!

Beverage--tap water

Dessert--smoked Gouda Triscuits
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Ooohhh, (swoons)...

Do you melt the Gouda on the Triscuits, or is that a Triscuit flavor?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

It's a Triscuit flavor.  Quite good.  I have to exercise portion control or I'll wolf down the whole box at once.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Economizer

Stew!

A hearty bowl of DINTY MOORE BEEF STEW
A small salad composed of chopped onion, tomato, and cucumber, in a zesty French dressing.
Accompanied by a split, buttered hamburger bun.

Beverage - a powder in bottled water
iced tea mix, shaken, but not stirred!!

So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

Parasaurolophus

Dinner tonight is coconut daal.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Coconut daal sounds good.

Looks as though we're tossing reason out the window and having Domino's.  But, it's easy!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: ab_grp on May 29, 2020, 07:11:44 PM
Coconut daal sounds good.

Looks as though we're tossing reason out the window and having Domino's.  But, it's easy!

It's a delicious part of the standard repertoire (we both like regularity and predictability), along with cabbage soup. Tomorrow will be pizza, however!
I know it's a genus.

Thursday's_Child

Para, I'd be interested in your cabbage soup recipe -- especially if you think it would be a good way to use up brussels sprouts!

hmaria1609

Enjoyed BBQ this evening! Today's comfortable weather was perfect for it. Besides ribs, I had two types of sausage and corn on the cob.

Vkw10

Leftovers quiche and green goddess salad, with water.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

ab_grp

We ordered the same salmon family pack this weekend.  Unfortunately, they did not have 4 salmon fillets, but it turned out well because they substituted two steaks that were cooked perfectly.  So, steak on Saturday and salmon last night.  We also got Korean BBQ chicken marinating last night.  The recipe is a pain because it isn't all in one place in the cookbook.  You need this amount of this rub (from recipe for much more than that amount on p. X) and this amount of these spices (same but different page), and this amount of sauce from these different recipes on these other pages.  But I took the time early on to do all the calculations and write it all down as one recipe, so it's a lot easier now! I need to type that up at some point and put it in a slightly better order (I like to be efficient about how many measuring spoons and etc. need to be used), but it is a really tasty recipe that always turns out so well.  So we will have that chicken tonight with homemade potato salad.

OneMoreYear

Dinner--vegetable curry leftovers.
Dessert--Coke float from the local ice cream walk-up window that has re-opened. I realize rootbeer floats are standard but Coke floats are nostalgia for me.

hmaria1609

Tonight's dessert: tuxedo mousse cake from Costco

mamselle

For an instant, I thought it said "Tuxedo mouse cake," which reminded me of the inch-long ants a friend and I found in the store-bought (anyone remember Building 19?) mile-high pies purchased for a seminary picnic once.

Obviously those never reached the red-checked tablecloth-covered table that night.

In other dessert-y news, I had another 1/2 a heated Belgian waffle with strawberry sauce (bit of syrup, bit of strawberry preserves and either fresh or--as I had--frozen strawberries.)

This was, of course, after Zoom folk dancing for an hour, so all caloric intake was offset against the expenditures incurred by the dance...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.