News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Dinner--or Dessert--Tonight

Started by mamselle, June 03, 2019, 09:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheerful

Mmm.  Brownies and lemon bars.  Two classics!  Enjoy!

mamselle

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on May 18, 2020, 02:35:22 PM
I made some Lemon Bars and they're good! I made the following substitutions- crumbled digestive biscuits and pancake mix for the crust!!! We tasted a few and they are now being chilled for dessert tonight.

That's really coincidental. I used Bisquik as the underpinnings for the brownies...along with half-a-box of Hershey's (unsweetened) Cocoa, half-a-bag of brown sugar, honey and mayo (since I'm out of eggs), some melted butter and a bit of water to make it good and gooey.

I considered adding a tiny bit of cinnamon, but decided they were piquant enough as it was, with all that chocolate...

They rose, almost cake-like, they are REALLY chocolate-y dark, and they don't seem to be upsetting my tummy (because brown sugar, not white? Interesting...).

So, shall we contribute our respective goodies to the next Forum Bake Sale?

(oooohhhh....should I start a thread? Or would that raise the pie/cake debates all over again? Hmmm.....)

M.

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Those sound gooood, Mamselle. Yes, I think we should have a Bake Sale/Recipe thread.

mamselle

Ok, countdown!....

Here it is!

http://thefora.org/index.php?topic=1355.0

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Main course = Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole (with corn and black beans)

Beverage = lemon ginger iced tea

Dessert = Lemon bars

mamselle

Dinner: Chicken curry with potatoes, peas, corn, pineapple, and lotsa curry powder and black pepper.

Dessert: Folk Dance. (Interthreadual inhale)...

M.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Last night:

Main course = tuna casserole

Dessert = lemon bars

Tonight:

Main course = chicken, bacon and jalapeno pizza (from scratch- yum!). I think it needed some pineapple, but we didn't have any.

Dessert = 2 hard caramels

mamselle

I have some extra pineapple from making the curry...here.....《 reaches through screen... 》

Tonight: Roasted chicken-cheddar-bacon-arugula sandwich with bernaise-like sauce on a toasted bun.

A few lightly grilled root vegetables on the side.

1/2 Belgian waffle, buttered and toasted, topped with a mixture of maple syrup-strawberry jam-and the rest of the thawed/frozen strawberries (to use them up before the real ones start appearing).

The sandwich occurred to me because it's what I'd order if I were going out tonight, but I just don't trust prepared food deliveries, and I don't really want to spend money on stuff I can make very well (sometimes better) at home.

(A friend wanted to do an at-a-distance picnic and I also declined that. Much as I'd be glad to see her, I'm still not sure the serious "bug" she had last month wasn't C-19, and I don't think she is yet, either...for some reason, she can't seem to get tested....so, we call, text and email a lot instead.)

M.

Economizer

A Little Chicken

Baked Chicken Patty on Toasted Bun dressed with BQ Sauce
Served with a baked Hash Brown Potato Patty,
And,
A Three Ring Citrus Salad ( pineapple, cheese, mayonaise)

Beverage: Diet Cola
Dessert: Oatmeal Cookies
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: mamselle on May 23, 2020, 02:18:50 PM
I have some extra pineapple from making the curry...here.....《 reaches through screen... 》

Tonight: Roasted chicken-cheddar-bacon-arugula sandwich with bernaise-like sauce on a toasted bun.

A few lightly grilled root vegetables on the side.

1/2 Belgian waffle, buttered and toasted, topped with a mixture of maple syrup-strawberry jam-and the rest of the thawed/frozen strawberries (to use them up before the real ones start appearing).

The sandwich occurred to me because it's what I'd order if I were going out tonight, but I just don't trust prepared food deliveries, and I don't really want to spend money on stuff I can make very well (sometimes better) at home.

(A friend wanted to do an at-a-distance picnic and I also declined that. Much as I'd be glad to see her, I'm still not sure the serious "bug" she had last month wasn't C-19, and I don't think she is yet, either...for some reason, she can't seem to get tested....so, we call, text and email a lot instead.)

M.

Oooo, pineapple. Thanks! I'll have to use it next time since we ate all the pizza (actually, I ate the last piece for a late lunch).

That sandwich sounds delicious!!!

Tonight:

Main course = beef stew with peas on the side.

Beverage = iced lemon ginger tea

Dessert = not sure. I might make some chocolate chip cookie bars.

secundem_artem

Grilled chicken marinated in gochujang and grilled shishito pepper rubbed with some toasted sesame oil plus some coleslaw.  And copious alcohol of some type - it's been a rough day.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Vkw10

Celery sticks, carrot sticks, bell pepper strips
Queso
Chocolate truffle pots from the Mary Berry show I watched last night
Iced coffee

Interthreaduality: The can of chow mein is still on the counter, waiting on someone to be hungry.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

OneMoreYear

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on May 22, 2020, 08:10:38 PM
Main course = chicken, bacon and jalapeno pizza (from scratch- yum!). I think it needed some pineapple, but we didn't have any.

I love pineapple on pizza, but other-half thinks it's an abomination.  As we do not agree is the slightest about pizza toppings, we often make or order a half/half which puts him at serious risk of rogue pineapple attacking his side.

Dinner: random salads during a clean out fridge attempt
Drink--Coke
Dessert--dark chocolate
Later: really good beer to make-up for lack of dinner excitement

mamselle

Gotta watch out for those rogue pineapples....their armor is sticky and they have a bitter taste if you bite 'em....

M.

hmaria1609

I've enjoyed "Hawaiian" pizza and subs (pineapple is one of the ingredients).