News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Preparing for Coronavirus?

Started by Cheerful, February 25, 2020, 09:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Economizer

Re: disinfectant spray availability

As Lysol spray continued to be scarce, as well as other similar products, I bought a Chinese product, Ozium air sanitizer disributed by a Texas firm, that appeared on Walmart shelves recently [?].
Its listed ingredients include polypropl alchohol and a couple of glycol concoctions, among other stuff.
I found it interesting that, among other warnings and cautions, the words "pest control" appear!

So, what?
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

Economizer

Quote from: Economizer on August 25, 2020, 09:06:37 PM
Re: disinfectant spray availability

As Lysol spray continued to be scarce, as well as other similar products, I bought a Chinese product, Ozium air sanitizer disributed by a Texas firm, that appeared on Walmart shelves recently [?].
Its listed ingredients include polypropl alchohol and a couple of glycol concoctions, among other stuff.
I found it interesting that, among other warnings and cautions, the words "pest control" appear!

So, what?
The actual term used was not "pest control", but rather, PESTICIDE.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

Economizer

Vkw10

Our administrative assistant checked in and stored our COVID supplies for the semester. We have cases of face masks stacked in her office. A dozen cases of disinfectant spray are lodged in the conference room. Two cases of disinfectant wipes are tucked into the corner behind my desk, out of sight of guests, because she decided that was the secure location available. One of the campus labs is producing hand sanitizer, so it's stored in the reception area.

Pandemic life is ... odd.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

hmaria1609

Earlier today, Gov. Hogan announced Maryland can advance to Phase 3 on Friday:
https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2020/09/maryland-coronavirus-update-september-1/
This is good news!  :)

nebo113

Quote from: Vkw10 on August 29, 2020, 12:02:57 PM
Our administrative assistant checked in and stored our COVID supplies for the semester. We have cases of face masks stacked in her office. A dozen cases of disinfectant spray are lodged in the conference room. Two cases of disinfectant wipes are tucked into the corner behind my desk, out of sight of guests, because she decided that was the secure location available. One of the campus labs is producing hand sanitizer, so it's stored in the reception area.

My younger step daughter is an admin asst. at a university and is having to hunt down Covid supplies for her department as university admin won't do it university wide.  Stupid.

apl68

Quote from: nebo113 on September 02, 2020, 06:29:55 AM
Quote from: Vkw10 on August 29, 2020, 12:02:57 PM

My younger step daughter is an admin asst. at a university and is having to hunt down Covid supplies for her department as university admin won't do it university wide.  Stupid.

We're running through paper towels at a crazy rate at work.  That's even with managing to score a fair supply of sanitary wipes.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

mamselle

Someone on a call I was just one said, blythly, "The 'October surprise' is supposed to be that there will be a vaccine available."

I bit my tongue so as not to say to a much-loved, much-revered board member, "Yeah, but I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot barge pole."

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Economizer

The apartment complex in which I live, a high rise sorta, has a lot of very nice people along with some nasty ones. I am never sure whether or not other folks are in my apartment while I gone (I think they use it as a lookout post for an arrival entry port and lately I think used masks have been laying around (I fear I will get them mixed up with my own used masks) and that some of my cheap (blue type) are being taken. Well, I need to hide my own new ones better and, also, I need to make it an important point to cut apart my used ones or ones that I doubt were mine so that they are not used by others masks that come to them however!

spork

Still no 3M N95 masks in retailers. Not finding them online either.

I am restocking the pantry in case of an increase in infection as students return and the weather cools. I've got 50 pounds of flour. Next on the list: 100 pounds of white rice and 50 pounds of brown rice.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

Economizer

Quote from: Economizer on September 02, 2020, 07:42:46 AM

The apartment complex in which I live, a high rise sorta, has a lot of very nice people along with some nasty ones. I am never sure whether or not other folks are in my apartment while I gone (I think they use it as a lookout post for an arrival entry port and lately I think used masks have been laying around (I fear I will get them mixed up with my own used masks) and that some of my cheap (blue type) are being taken. Well, I need to hide my own new ones better and, also, I need to make it an important point to cut apart my used ones or ones that I doubt were mine so that they are not used by others masks that come to them however!
Sorry. Did not have time to correct sentence structure punctuation problem earlier.

clean

QuoteStill no 3M N95 masks in retailers. Not finding them online either.

Wasnt the problem that one of the bands broke?
Would a long rubber band, cut and then with a knot tied at each end, and then stapled to the mask solve the problem?
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Hegemony

Economizer, surely that is extra creepy?  I would leave mini-traps hanging around, like flour on the floor which they'd have to track through and reveal themselves. Why would you stay in an apartment where people are coming in while you're gone?

spork

Quote from: clean on September 02, 2020, 01:09:55 PM
QuoteStill no 3M N95 masks in retailers. Not finding them online either.

Wasnt the problem that one of the bands broke?
Would a long rubber band, cut and then with a knot tied at each end, and then stapled to the mask solve the problem?

I've tied a knot in the broken elastic band. The problem is that the mask -- the only one of this type I have -- is getting dirty from repeated use.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

clean

You can wash it. I washed mine with my Whites.  (with fabric softener and an extra rinse).

It is much softer now, and smells better too.

If i could find a new one, though I would!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader