News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

the "things you wish you could say" thread

Started by archaeo42, May 30, 2019, 01:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

Never heard of a "distributed reception" before.  They distribute, you receive.  Makes sense!
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

science.expat

We had something like this today for our awards ceremony. Food and non alcoholic drinks distributed across buildings, then we zoomed in. it went better than I expected.

fishbrains

A "tragedy"? Really?

Okay, maybe a "tragedy" in the Greek fashion where the audience knew the end of the story before the play even started. Like this "tragedy" could be called Dumb-a$$, At-Risk C*nt Who Calls Mask-Wearers "Sheeple" Contracts COVID One Month before a Vaccine Is Ready and Now Might Die -- And Take His Wife with Him.

Okay, okay . . . thoughts and prayers, thoughts and prayers.

I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

San Joaquin

I lost my composure and actually posted something on LinkedIn that should rightfully go here.  Rapidly donning hornet gear...

When will I learn?

evil_physics_witchcraft

Unrelated.

Some of your idiotic statements are truly breathtaking.

Liquidambar

I'm pretty sure that giving our senior majors the choice of delaying graduation or taking a different major's 4xx level capstone course isn't going to fly.  Yes, I get that faculty reductions have made it hard to offer our department's classes at the usual frequency.  However, I would be surprised if the administration were okay with us cutting this particular class without giving everyone involved better advance warning.
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently

science.expat

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on November 26, 2020, 03:20:02 PM
Unrelated.

Or perhaps: 'Some of your statements are breathtakingly idiotic' 😉

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: science.expat on November 28, 2020, 04:17:41 PM
Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on November 26, 2020, 03:20:02 PM
Unrelated.

Or perhaps: 'Some of your statements are breathtakingly idiotic' 😉

Either way works.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Unrelated.

I refuse to continue engaging with your toxic behavior. I don't like the way I feel when I'm around you.

fishbrains

I get it. You weren't happy with the course. So get a refund, motherf*cker.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

the_geneticist

Unrelated:

Why on earth did you think that given the choice between:
1) attending a family get-together with folks from 6+ households during a Pandemic*
2) declining and risking your in-laws being a bit upset with you
that choice #1 was the better choice?!?
You work in healthcare, you have 2 young children, and you and your spouse both have jobs that can't be done from home.
No, I will not feel sorry for you as you shelter in place, have to use up 2 weeks of leave, and can't have your at-risk parents babysit for you.
Life is full of choices, choices have consequences.  You chose poorly.

*And at least 1 person tested positive immediately after

sinenomine

Calling an "emergency meeting" to try to ram through a unilateral curricular change without following policies won't work. For the umpteenth time, stop ignoring shared governance!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

Vkw10

Raises? You asked about raises? (Manic laughter)
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

Cheerful

Quote from: Vkw10 on November 30, 2020, 07:23:17 PM
Raises? You asked about raises? (Manic laughter)

Raises?  Hahahahahahahahahahaha!  UhUhUh!  Heeeee!  Heeee!  Teee!  Heee!  Heeee!  Hahahahahahaha!  Whooooeeeeee!

bio-nonymous

Your OPINIONS are not written-in-stone facts, and contrary to your world view, there are other people with, gasp, different opinions than yours!