News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

the "things you wish you could say" thread

Started by archaeo42, May 30, 2019, 01:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archaeo42

If you wanted a cleaner copy than you should have asked for that. Using 'soft copy' in your initial email was not clear at all.
"The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate."

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hmaria1609

To library patron: Not interested in talking to you.  Go back to the teen section and entertain your fellow teens.

miss jane marple

Don't ask me a "how do you get the software to do this?" question and then growl at me when I give you the answer.
By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth. - George Carlin

Thursday's_Child

If I sent you a gift-wrapped GCF would you get the hint and leave?

ab_grp

Dear colleague,

[redacted infinite scream].

This is the most poorly run and adversarial organization that I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with, to put it lightly.  Maybe you should try reading for understanding rather than skimming and replying hastily from your smarter-than-you phone.  Well, at least it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

the_geneticist

There is no way you can finish that project in a month.

wareagle

[A]n effective administrative philosophy would be to remember that faculty members are goats.  Occasionally, this will mean helping them off of the outhouse roof or watching them eat the drapes.   -mended drum

polly_mer

Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

ergative

1. You are chewing gum. I can smell it from here.

2. You are drinking instant coffee.

3. Simultaneously. I mean--I can't . . . what--how even--is that-- . ..

. . .

?

fishbrains

Looky here: I'm on a serious sobriety binge right now, and I'm not dealing with stupid $hit very well. And you have decided, for some reason, to turn yourself into a walking, talking piece of stupid $hit. My patience wears thin . . .
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

Anselm

Notice to all short people: 
If you use my car then put the seat back to where it was.

Ouch!
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

archaeo42

What part of, "I will update you when I know more," is unclear to you? It hasn't even been a full 24 hours and you're asking for an update? (This is also information that I can't provide and I'm relying on a technical person to address the question).
"The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate."

mamselle

For a software firm meant to serve mostly accountants, your customer service sites, practices, and serious glitches are nearly unfathomable....unaccountably, unacceptably so, in fact.

I'd change firms if it were up to me, but it's not.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

AmLitHist

Quote from: Anselm on August 21, 2019, 03:03:23 PM
Notice to all short people daughter who is the same height as me, if not maybe an inch taller: 

If you use my car then put the seat back to where it was.

Ouch!

(And WHY do you find it necessary to put the seat way up under the blessed steering wheel?  And HOW can you even drive like that?!)