News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

A place for Canines

Started by nebo113, January 03, 2020, 04:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nebo113

I looked for a doggy thread but didn't find one, so am starting one. 

My little darling 16 year old fur baby went over the rainbow bridge just before Christmas.  He and his mother, who went over three years ago, knew how much I missed them, so they sent a message into the universe and asked Henri if he would come and live with me.  After scrutinizing me very, very carefully, Henri agreed and he will join me today.

He's a very energetic 20 pound mutt, about  a year old, and he and I will both need training!!  Unfortunately, I'm doing a bit of traveling so won't be in one place long enough to enroll us in behavior management classes.

Any advice, suggestions, recommendations are much appreciated!

irhack

So sorry for your loss - we said goodbye to our friend this fall and the whole family was quite traumatized.

But congratulations on the addition of Henri!

We will be adopting a puppy in late February. She will be the youngest puppy we've ever adopted - our others were rescues, and adopted when they were older, so it will be an interesting journey, but we are so looking forward to having a dog again, they just make the house complete, you know?

mythbuster

Hugs to nebo! But I am glad that Henri found you. I am a big believer in pets finding us- even if it's when we arrive at the shelter- the right one finds us.
   Mythpup just survived her second Christmas as grandma's house. Grandma has two westies, who do NOT enjoy sharing their home with a 60 pound interloper. I just kept reminding her that it's better than staying at the vet! But, boy was she glad when we finally came back to her house and yard!

nebo113

Mamselle has revived the "real" canine thread.  Mods, please merge.  In the interim, Henri, in all his one year old vigor, is ACTIVE!