News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Happy Easter!

Started by clean, April 04, 2021, 12:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larimar

Quote from: mamselle on April 17, 2022, 09:04:18 AM
Putting the recipe for that quiche on the dinner thread would be quite a gift to the community....

;--}

M.

Thank you Mamselle, but as it turns out, it would probably be a gift not to post the quiche recipe. It didn't turn out too well. First it wasn't done when the oven timer went off. I think this is likely because the mashed potato kit I used for the crust turned out not to be enough to cover the inside of the pan. Therefore I used two kits. When I made this before, I'd used a different brand of potato kit. Extra potatoes plus adding the mushrooms, which were not in the original recipe, I guess made it thicker and required more baking time. I put it back in the oven and had to guess blindly how much more time it needed. I tried 15 minutes, which then may have been too long. When the quiche came out again, the crust was all dry and crumbly. When I sliced it and lifted the slices out of the pan, it fell apart and ended up on the plates as quiche-splat. It was edible, and tasted okay, but it was a mess. Ah, well, something to laugh about in retrospect. I'll definitely need to adjust the recipe for next time.

Larimar

hmaria1609

Happy Easter!
We had BBQ for dinner.  It was great weather for it!

mahagonny

Microwave pizza. Doing okay!
Earlier today we had a nice feed.

mamselle

Quote from: Larimar on April 17, 2022, 05:58:04 PM
Quote from: mamselle on April 17, 2022, 09:04:18 AM
Putting the recipe for that quiche on the dinner thread would be quite a gift to the community....

;--}

M.

Thank you Mamselle, but as it turns out, it would probably be a gift not to post the quiche recipe. It didn't turn out too well. First it wasn't done when the oven timer went off. I think this is likely because the mashed potato kit I used for the crust turned out not to be enough to cover the inside of the pan. Therefore I used two kits. When I made this before, I'd used a different brand of potato kit. Extra potatoes plus adding the mushrooms, which were not in the original recipe, I guess made it thicker and required more baking time. I put it back in the oven and had to guess blindly how much more time it needed. I tried 15 minutes, which then may have been too long. When the quiche came out again, the crust was all dry and crumbly. When I sliced it and lifted the slices out of the pan, it fell apart and ended up on the plates as quiche-splat. It was edible, and tasted okay, but it was a mess. Ah, well, something to laugh about in retrospect. I'll definitely need to adjust the recipe for next time.

Larimar

(Chuckling)

I'm adding <<quiche-splat>> to my vocabulary pronto.

M.

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.