News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

I hate Word 2019

Started by Myword, February 22, 2023, 11:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myword

I am so frustrated with WORD 19   Especially footnotes formatting. It takes me an enormous amount of time trying to fit them on the page.
  End notes are easy. My Dell computer laptop has more quirks than I do and a mentality its own. The more I change my papers, the worse it gets, especially one heavily revised paper. I HATE it.  Took it to a computer special tech guy and he was confused too. He even took it home to fix the stupid errors that WORD creates. This is my vent...they could make it easy but they don't.
I call or email technical help  and they have no answers. They make it worse.  This journal writing wastes my mornings and then they wind up rejecting it anyway desk rejection. A Priori. The filing system can be screwy, as if editors are trying your patience.

traductio

I hear ya!

I edit everything in something other than Word (Google Docs most of the time these days, but also OpenOffice or LibreOffice) and only export to Word when I have to.

Wahoo Redux

DELL SUCKS!!  This is my first and last Dell.  They used to be the gold standard, but even the incompetents in the Geek Squad will tell you how badly performing Dells are these days.  I have had two serious hardware breakdowns on this machine in the first 8 months of ownership.

Trying to get tech-help or customer service for ANY big company except for Geico is an exercise in frustration.  It is the irony of the 21st century that the biggest tech company in the world, Microsoft, has the worst AI.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

Yeah... I recently had to give in and upgrade my Office suite from 2007 (due to compatibility issues at my university) to whatever stupid cloud thing they're calling it now, and I don't care for it at all. The path to doing stuff was never very intuitive, but it's worse now, and some issues are just about impossible to wrangle.
I know it's a genus.