Hallway Bake Sale & Dessert Recipe Thread: All Calories Subtracted at the Door!

Started by mamselle, May 18, 2020, 06:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

So, this is an offshoot of the Dinner thread.

After Lemon Bars, Brownies, and other goodies appeared, it's clear that we should all really be baking for the Hallway Bake Sale.

You know, the one in Jr. Hi/Middle School/High School that was set up during lunch hour, and before (and sometimes after) school to raise money for stuff.

I'm setting up the tables for the Marching Band New Uniform Fund.

We have brownies and snickerdoodles, as well as chocolate chip cookies at our table!

Two per Baggie, 50c/bag!

What are you selling, and what's it for?

<<Is that the cheerleaders' table I see over there?>>

<<Calls down the hall towards the lockers...>> What do you guys have?

M. 

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Vkw10

We have cinnamon donuts and moon pies, plus spiced nuts.Support the track & field team!
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

evil_physics_witchcraft

The Art Club needs supplies. Try some of our salted caramel cheesecake brownies.

mamselle

Salted caramel cheesecake brownies!

That's an art form in itself.

I'll take two!

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: mamselle on May 18, 2020, 09:28:43 PM
Salted caramel cheesecake brownies!

That's an art form in itself.

I'll take two!

M.

We also have ice cream and hot fudge sauce!

mamselle

Swoooooon....

There goes the diet!

(yum....munch....)

Where are the football and baseball teams?

What do they have?

M.

Vkw10

Football team table is down that way. I think they made chocolate cherry dump cake. Or maybe someone tackled the person carrying a Black Forest cake? Haven't seen the baseball team yet.

ergative

mamselle

OOoh, yummy indeed!

Which group's table is it at?

<<...Hey, hey, stop jostling me at the table, Sue! I'm only buying one piece, there'll be some left over for you!>>

M.

evil_physics_witchcraft

The French Club is planning a trip to Lyon and needs funding! Come on over and mange some of their delicious croquembouche! Only 50 cents per puff.

mamselle

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on May 20, 2020, 12:25:18 PM
The French Club is planning a trip to Lyon and needs funding! Come on over and mange some of their delicious croques-en-bouche! Only 50 cents per puff.

And since Nephew is so skilled, we're going to see if he can do crêpes-to-go as well...bananna, Nutella, chantilly....what's your pleasure?

M.

Vkw10

Nephew suggests macaron or tuile
Quote from: mamselle on May 27, 2020, 08:31:27 PM
Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on May 20, 2020, 12:25:18 PM
The French Club is planning a trip to Lyon and needs funding! Come on over and mange some of their delicious croques-en-bouche! Only 50 cents per puff.

And since Nephew is so skilled, we're going to see if he can do crêpes-to-go as well...bananna, Nutella, chantilly....what's your pleasure?

M.

Nephew might be convinced to do macaron or tuile, but I doubt we'll get him into high school long enough to cook.

mamselle

Ok, maybe he can send the macarons along in a quilted chill-pak? (Since we can't set up in the hallway until lu chtime, you know, and they need to stay chilled....).

If going into high school isn't his thing, we'll certainly appreciate his thoughtful creations!

What about the Spanish club? Can we get some of those tiny sweet cinnamon-chili burritos?

I've about decided to do a three-tier array of brownie choices at the bend in the hallway, to get people to turn the corner, you know?

Strawberry sauce topping on some, others as peach-preserve-topped Palmer House brownies, and maybe some plain and some marbled with cheesecke on the bottom....

M.

evil_physics_witchcraft

The German Club wants to know if they can sell savory baked goods- like pretzels!

mamselle

Ach du liebe!

As long as they bring good, strong mustard to go with them, ya!

M.