News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Venting Thread

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 07:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I really dislike our admin's practice of trying to schedule meetings a year in advance. Of course I don't have any conflicts yet, you psycho!
I know it's a genus.

clean

I have fully reverted to FULL PROFANITY LEVEL today!

I have been dealing with TurboTax and incorporating my bride's information for our taxes!

Turbotax kept giving me errors for the K1 tax document as she has a miniscule interest in some 'family limited partnership'.  There is a $14 entry from something that tripped a $1 foreign tax credit.  I did all the work correctly, GIVEN THE FORM that I was given.  TurboTax objected.  I checked and checked and WHAT I ENTERED was WHat I Was Told to enter from the form. 

Monday her dad called the accountant but I wasnt there, and I got 3rd hand, from my bride, what the solution was.  (Which made NO SENSE!)

After much back and forth, I deleted the k1 and reentered it leaving off the irrelevant $1 foreign tax credit! 

It let me through

NOW the IRS has rejected my return because the W2 information doesnt match.  It looks to me, that her dad (or his accountant) didnt update her name and THAT is the problem.  So we have been married 3 months before the tax form was prepared. Why doesnt it have her chosen name? 

So I MAY have to print everything and file by mail. 

And what about this Name Change issue? 
I can only tell you about all of the hassles I have had (just so far) to change her name on her driver's license, social security card, passport, bank accounts...

I dont know IF it would have been easier to leave it alone!

I STILL have to adjust her passport for Global Entry and THEN we need to update her NEXUS card to get through Canadian Customs, and THAT may require a trip to Canada to update (Once they let people IN!)

Rant.... Rant.... Rant.....

THEN a student emails me a question that indicates that "his answer is 400$ off of my answer and does that matter"? 

I dont know if 400 is a material amount, BUT I guarantee that a finance major should by God KNOW how to use a damn Dollar Sign!!!!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

mamselle

Can't your wife change her own forms?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

clean

AT this point, I think that I will give up on attempting to e*file.  I will print and mail it in.

IF the problem is her W2 (and there is no reason to necessarily believe that it is... I m given an error code that the IRS has declined to take the return, and that the cause is a problem with ONE OF OUR W2s not matching what the IRS has). 

So instead of trying to figure out what the IRS THINKS it is, I am just going to delever it to them.  The refund is less than $155!!  Im so tired of dealing with all of it.

We probably COULD have her father update her W2 with the accountants (she works for his office). HOwever, I know that the IRS information is not quickly updated, but batch processed.  Rather than wait for the accounting company to resubmit her W2, guess WHEN the IRS will update their records, and then TRY to submit the information as I have it, I will just print and mail and be done with it.

OneMoreYear

OK, who did it? Who pissed off the weather gods?! Why did I wake up to 3 inches of snow on the ground and an upcoming freeze warning for tomorrow? It's April, people! Now, whoever is responsible, go apologize so we can get back to Spring.

mamselle

That would be the governmental agency in charge of weather creation and distribution, and I believe they're still on hiatus, occasioned by lay-offs, resignations of political appointees, and the usual spring attrition when retirement looks better than that desk one's been facing for the past aughty-ought years.

I'd suggest re-sending your request via email in the fall. Surely the new administration will have things in order by then. (Well, except for the hurricanes. That office is upstairs, second door on your left...)

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

The weather office has a very high rate of burnout, from what I understand.  Having to listen to all that complaining from the public is bad for staff morale.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

kiana

I hate online testing so fucking much.

fishbrains

Younger unemployed adult family members: Quick sitting around on your a$$es creating family drama on your cell phones, and get a f*cking job. Everyone is hiring right now, and you aren't even applying. The idea of the stimulus checks was not for you to potato on your couch and play video games all day long on your new TV.

And the answer is "Hell, no!" about coming to live with us after your impending eviction is enacted. Just, "Hell, no!" You are about to engage in what we-in-the-business call "experiential learning."
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

OneMoreYear

OK, I must have really angered the weather gods because not only is there snow on the ground in April, but my HVAC system is malfunctioning and there is no heat in the house. I'm still dealing with feeling like crap b/c of residual COVID effects (looks like I'm in for the long-term, whatever that means), and now I'm freezing as well. These are totally good reasons to beg off my meetings for today, right?

AmLitHist

^ Today?  Take the rest of the week off!

clean

It is ACCEPTED!!!

I was ready to print and mail, but I made one last check and found the error!  My bride's W2 was in a slightly different format and I was using the wrong employer ID number!

So it is DONE!!

ONLY 5 days!!  a new 'record'. 

OneMoreYear

Quote from: AmLitHist on April 21, 2021, 11:53:44 AM
^ Today?  Take the rest of the week off!

I skipped a 2 hour meeting yesterday.

Unfortunately, I'm a 7 hour meeting today.

lightning

Using my lunch time today, I went home and I finally spot-sprayed all the dandelions in my yard.

Of course, it's the one day and one afternoon out of many that my lawn guy picked to start mowing the lawn for the new year. (He showed up to splay all the weed killer all over the lawn, right after I left to return to campus).

waterboy

There is increasing evidence that the dandelion is actually a native plant (https://plants.usda.gov/).  It's a very important pollinator resource early in the season. And...they're cute.
"I know you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that what you heard was not what I meant."