News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Kurt Andersen

Started by kaysixteen, January 25, 2022, 07:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaysixteen

I just watched Lawrence O'Donnell interviewing The Atlantic's Kurt Anderson, who just wrote an article there on the topic of "The Anti-Vaccine Right Brought Human Sacrifice to America", according to the headline on the Atlantic www site.   The interview was very convincing.  I was wondering if anyone had any further thoughts on this, and esp whether anyone here has a link to the article that does not require buying an expensive subscription to the Atlantic-- a great mag, to be certain, but poor underemployed middle-aged PhDs have to choose their purchases with extreme care...

Parasaurolophus

You can get it via the cached page.

I haven't read it yet, but I'll gladly gripe that The Atlantic is kind of a crap magazine. Pretty much just controversy-courting clickbait (à la Slate school of hot takes), with the occasional gem. I think its editorial practices are crap (but they're good for business). Harper's used to be good, but then they Atlanticified, the editor resigned over having his editorial decisions undermined in service of the Atlanticification, and now it sucks.
I know it's a genus.

mahagonny

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 25, 2022, 09:14:12 PM
You can get it via the cached page.

I haven't read it yet, but I'll gladly gripe that The Atlantic is kind of a crap magazine. Pretty much just controversy-courting clickbait (à la Slate school of hot takes), with the occasional gem. I think its editorial practices are crap (but they're good for business). Harper's used to be good, but then they Atlanticified, the editor resigned over having his editorial decisions undermined in service of the Atlanticification, and now it sucks.

Congratulations.