News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Transparency in Public School Curriculum

Started by mahagonny, January 27, 2022, 06:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallcleanrat

It's kind of weird when people who sneer at others for harboring a 'victim mentality' are so ready to cast themselves in the role of the Jews in Nazi Germany.

mahagonny

OK, you win. The Nazis were way worse than the wokitarians are today and the Jews in Hitler's Germany were in more trouble than Americans are in today. Stay tuned. Interesting times ahead.

I'm curious about questions that are unsettled and no one seems to have noticed.
Since it appears that public school education, corporate employment and other ongoing efforts cannot proceed without sorting people into groups for training specifically designed for that group: who should decide what race an individual child belongs to? (And a follow-up question 'how many/what races are there?' My answer is 'one.')

1. That child themself
2. The child's parent or parents
3. Maybe #1, maybe #2, depending on their age
4. Their public school administrator
5. Their classroom teacher
6. Required DNA testing, followed by a government issued ID
7. We are all nothing but different shades of black. The first homo sapiens walked the earth on the continent of Africa.
8. It's none of our business what race anyone is. Tolerance. Remember that? (My pick is either #7 or #8. Or both.)

mahagonny

Private school accused of lying about what they are teaching

https://thefederalist.com/2022/01/27/dallas-private-school-lies-to-parents-about-teaching-students-racism/

... and infantile hate mongering media postings by professional educators:

Professor Jenn tweets:

'Will my dream of throwing 90% of straight white men in to the ocean ever become a reality?'

I guess she still has her job (shrug).

I guess it being private, one may decide to exercise his right to pay $26,000 to send their child to be educated by these folks.
How will the kids come out of the experience?
When I was a kid we cultivated a distrust of authority, with Vietnam, Watergate, the rock 'n' roll revolution, the advent of the pill, etc. What they thought they were teaching us wasn't necessarily exactly what we believed. It seems to me today kids are much more accepting of the spin being served up.

jimbogumbo

Quote from: mahagonny on January 29, 2022, 07:45:11 AM
OK, you win. The Nazis were way worse than the wokitarians are today and the Jews in Hitler's Germany were in more trouble than Americans are in today. Stay tuned. Interesting times ahead.

I'm curious about questions that are unsettled and no one seems to have noticed.
Since it appears that public school education, corporate employment and other ongoing efforts cannot proceed without sorting people into groups for training specifically designed for that group: who should decide what race an individual child belongs to? (And a follow-up question 'how many/what races are there?' My answer is 'one.')

1. That child themself
2. The child's parent or parents
3. Maybe #1, maybe #2, depending on their age
4. Their public school administrator
5. Their classroom teacher
6. Required DNA testing, followed by a government issued ID
7. We are all nothing but different shades of black. The first homo sapiens walked the earth on the continent of Africa.
8. It's none of our business what race anyone is. Tolerance. Remember that? (My pick is either #7 or #8. Or both.)

The concept of race really became a thing in the late 1700's. From that time on in the US being White was clearly associated with being "superior" by many Americans, and vestiges of the advantages in that designation still exist. Please for the love of God quit fixating on how put down you are!! You aren't, and you are in no danger of being silenced, cancelled or whatever the hell it is you personally call it.

mahagonny

Surprised someone should have to point this out, but the (recently accelerated) emphasis on race is an intentional product of the 'social justice' left that overpopulates the media, pro sports, Hollywood, and of course especially, academia. Everyone knows this; I can't imagine anyone here or anywhere would be obtuse enough... But you never know. This fixation prompts responses, such as the obvious question, who belongs to which 'race?'
If whether or not I am comfortable were the only thing, it would be not of general interest. But the victim/oppressor view of culture will have dramatic effects on society if/when it becomes totally mainstreamed (a sickening prospect). The question is important.

ETA: Actually i was wrong. There has been discussion around this. You can google.

If  social justice folks want to avoid a question that they have prompted, perhaps things will increasingly resolve without their input. I'd be OK with that.