News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Random Thoughts Anew

Started by mamselle, May 27, 2019, 09:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinenomine

My office is along a hallway that leads to some classrooms, so I get to hear the sounds of students walking by at regular intervals. I'm struck by how many of them drag their feet. I'm now wondering why they do that (other than the old joke that their legs are too long)...
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

apl68

Quote from: sinenomine on April 01, 2024, 09:33:22 AMMy office is along a hallway that leads to some classrooms, so I get to hear the sounds of students walking by at regular intervals. I'm struck by how many of them drag their feet. I'm now wondering why they do that (other than the old joke that their legs are too long)...

My guess would be that many of the students you hear passing by are either very tired or very lacking in enthusiasm for where they are about to go next.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: sinenomine on April 01, 2024, 09:33:22 AMI'm struck by how many of them drag their feet. I'm now wondering why they do that

Zombies.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Larimar

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on April 01, 2024, 04:23:25 PM
Quote from: sinenomine on April 01, 2024, 09:33:22 AMI'm struck by how many of them drag their feet. I'm now wondering why they do that

Zombies.

Watch out if you hear them moaning, "Phoooooooones! Phoooooooones!"

apl68

I've seen camper trailers--which are quite a common sight around our town--with evocative brand names like "Nomad" and "Adventurer."  So why is there a model, an example of which stays parked a few blocks from here, called "Avenger?"  It's a travel trailer, not a weapons system. 
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

sinenomine

Why is it that people driving fog-colored cars are the ones most likely not to turn on their lights in fog??
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."