News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Wedding reception for clean

Started by Vkw10, November 14, 2020, 10:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdnaMode

I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

namazu

Wonderful news and a bright spot in a challenging time.  I offer a toast, with your favorite virtual beverage, to the Cleans for many happy and healthy years together.  Cheers!

AmLitHist

Chiming in with best wishes for the happy couple!  All the best to you!

wareagle

Wishing you many happy years together!  Congrats!
[A]n effective administrative philosophy would be to remember that faculty members are goats.  Occasionally, this will mean helping them off of the outhouse roof or watching them eat the drapes.   -mended drum

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

pink_

Congratulations to the Cleans! <3

clean

Thank you all again! 

Getting used to sharing the house! 

I have been trying to get her to learn this mantra:  "Where are you gonna put it??"

More and more things keep entering the house!  There are no more empty shelves.  more and more shelves are 'displays in depth' with several layers of things on the shelves. 

Still, it is a great problem to have!

Thanks again for the well wishes! 

Saturday will be 4 weeks!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

mamselle

QuoteI have been trying to get her to learn this mantra:  "Where are you gonna put it??"

Ummmm....good luck with that one.

After 65 years of marriage, I'm not sure my dad and mom ever learned this....

But you're right, it's a joyful problem to have.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

aside

"Where you gonna put it" will be followed by "Where is x?"

That's part of the fun, also, if you roll with the punches.  Good luck!

clean

we celebrated one month a few days ago.
I bought her/us a Hummingbird cake. In the wedding plans she was considering having the wedding cake be a hummingbird cake, so I got her one for the one month.  She is enjoying it!

Today  (Thanksgiving), i am cooking a turkey. I will deliver it to her parents' house and we will all share a distant dinner sort of together with her parents, brother, and sister's family.  (Initial plans are that we will be in sort of separate rooms!, so we will see!)It is good to have her living in the house with me now
Otherwise, we are preparing to negotiate Christmas.

In February I booked and paid for a cruise scheduled to depart about 12/10. It was cancelled in the summer by the cruise line.  SO I m not sure what her honeymoon trip will be.  The CV19 spiking up, has made me reconsider the driving plans we had considered - at least for now.

Otherwise, So Far So Good!  It is good to have her living in the house with me now
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

AvidReader

I forgot to post on the original celebratory thread, so happy wedding and also happy one month! Living in the same house is lovely. I hope you find special solace in your companionship this year.

AR.

the_geneticist

Congratulations!

Hummingbird cake sounds delightful!  And something you can have every time you want to celebrate.

I feel you on the "where are we going to put it?".  Combining two full household of things is challenging (especially if you both have LOTS of things like books or cake pans or framed art or whatever).  I'd suggest getting some storage bins, adding shelving to the garage, and both agreeing to purge or put away some items.