News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Who do you want to see indicted first?

Started by secundem_artem, November 13, 2020, 12:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

secundem_artem

Let's not worry at this point about who has committed what, if any, indictable crimes.  If karma is truly a bee-otch, which of Orange Julius' inner circle should be the first against the wall to face charges?
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

marshwiggle

You do realize what a chilling prospect this is of changes of power being followed by purges? It doesn't have a good history......
It takes so little to be above average.

secundem_artem

To quote HL Mencken, "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

We are now at that time.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Parasaurolophus

Dick Cheney and W, along with Rice, Powell, Rumsfeld, and Yoo.

Then we can do the Cheezie in Chief and his acolytes.
I know it's a genus.

sprout

mamselle

You need an "All of the Above" choice, and one that says, "Select all that Apply" (interthreadulity)...

I think the way the French do it might be a good path to follow.

The court cases are inexorable, but they take a long time to get off the ground, so it's a little less of the "elect-and-purge" cycle, and more of an "All in good time" kind of thing.

(Thinking of Chirac, in particular)

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Ruralguy

My guess is that somewhere between 0 and 2 of them will be indicted, serving about 1 year total in prison, if even that, between them.

eigen

Quote from: marshwiggle on November 13, 2020, 12:06:24 PM
You do realize what a chilling prospect this is of changes of power being followed by purges? It doesn't have a good history......

I'm more worried about the "fire everyone before you leave" approach that's underway now, personally.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

marshwiggle

Quote from: eigen on November 13, 2020, 02:52:39 PM

I'm more worried about the "fire everyone before you leave" approach that's underway now, personally.

What about AOC's "put them on lists" so they can be cancelled for life?

dismalist

Quote from: marshwiggle on November 13, 2020, 02:58:09 PM

Oh, hell, do it as it was done in Salem!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_witch_trials
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

eigen

Quote from: marshwiggle on November 13, 2020, 02:58:09 PM

I think if someone wants to put together a list of who they want to boycott / not listen to, that's just as much of a part of free speech as anything else.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

kaysixteen

After the first fifty years, you probably won't want parole.

writingprof

I appreciate this thread for doing its small part to remind conservatives that our political opponents want us dead, thus justifying any action we can take to stop them.

clean

QuoteI appreciate this thread for doing its small part to remind conservatives that our political opponents want us dead, thus justifying any action we can take to stop them.

I concur.  I think that this thread is in poor taste. 

I add a quote from Gomer Pyle, "Shame, Shame, Shame".
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

marshwiggle

Quote from: clean on November 14, 2020, 06:42:57 AM
QuoteI appreciate this thread for doing its small part to remind conservatives that our political opponents want us dead, thus justifying any action we can take to stop them.

I concur.  I think that this thread is in poor taste. 

I add a quote from Gomer Pyle, "Shame, Shame, Shame".

What boggles my mind is that, given how frequently the party in power switches, what goes around must inevitably come around, and yet people refuse to consider how it will be when (not if) the shoe is on the other foot.