News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The hiding thread

Started by bioteacher, June 08, 2019, 09:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bioteacher

Real life getting you down? Come on in and grab a puppy/kitten/cuddle beast of your choice. I installed a dvd player that  only plays relaxing and funny movies. It's in the second room so those who want silence (or the sound of me snoring) can have that.

mamselle

Ahhh----....

Thanks.

I'll just take this baby golden retriever puppy here, and.....

Zzzzzzzzz....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

backatit

I have a rather cuddly Golden Retriever you can borrow to cuddle but he does currently reek of pond scum and it's too early to bathe him. I will cuddle him anyway - it makes us both happy.

bioteacher

Pet cleaning services are provided just down the hall on the left. We've never had a pet complain once about the experience. They enjoy the pampering and extra ear scratches. Pond scum is an easy fix!

Juvenal

All I have are dust mites and--maybe--some "woke" spiders.  Very "well hidden."
Cranky septuagenarian

Thursday's_Child

A soft and cosy armchair, a plush footstool, a window looking out into a peaceful garden with butterflies and busy bees, and a sleepy kitten.  Ahhhhhhhhhhh......... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

dr_evil

I've been hiding for some time because I forgot my password on the old site.  I miss hiding out here with a virtual puppy.

secondAuthor

<snuggles in>

*scritches kitties*

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

bibliothecula

Here is a doggie with soft ears and a pitcher of G&Ts.

Thursday's_Child

Reviving this thread for the benefit of anyone who needs a safe place to stay for a while...

mamselle

Yessss...

Warm armchair, gentle chants, and a relaxing book.

...Ooof!

And, apparently, one cuddly kitten looking for a lap to snooze in.

I think I can manage that, too...

M.mmmm....

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

fourhats

Can I have TWO kittens, please? And an armchair?

mamselle

There's an empty one over there in the corner by the window.

The radiator's on in that corner, too...and there's a newly knitted afghan to curl up in.

M.

clean

Please Stay at least 6 feet apart!

Please get a fresh puppy or kitten with each visit.  (used puppies and kittens should be monitored for 2 weeks before being certified as ready for comforting again).

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

mamselle

The hiding thread is a coronavirus-free zone. I just defined it as such.

All viruses, worries about viruses, and protocol relating to viruses, are zapped as each person enters the door.

While this would not do for real life, the hiding thread is a transcendent place with special safe qualities, and that is among them.

M.