News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Share your hypochondria here

Started by Thursday's_Child, June 09, 2019, 06:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenured_Feminist

I dragged eldest to a dermatologist before I released him to go to college. To his complete disgust, they insisted on biopsying a different mole than the one I distrusted.

All skin tags are clearly cancer precursors.

polly_mer

Quote from: Tenured_Feminist on June 11, 2019, 07:39:05 AM

Well, it's been nice knowing you folks!  I wear a lanyard every day around my neck and I can see skin tags marking where it rubs.  I've switched too late to turtlenecks and I'm doomed to neck cancer.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Thursday's_Child

Quote from: polly_mer on June 11, 2019, 05:55:27 PM
Quote from: Tenured_Feminist on June 11, 2019, 07:39:05 AM

Well, it's been nice knowing you folks!  I wear a lanyard every day around my neck and I can see skin tags marking where it rubs.  I've switched too late to turtlenecks and I'm doomed to neck cancer.

At least the turtlenecks will hide the inevitable unsightly views from your coworkers while you're still well enough to continue working.  Your untimely demise will then catch them completely by surprise and they will spend the rest of their lives wishing they had been kinder and more attentive. This angst will make them better people.

aside

I've just learned of the health hazards of the large magnet holding paperclips on my desk.  This perhaps explains my strong attraction to certain metals and the hand tremors I thought were either hyperthyroidism or too much caffeine.

backatit

Turtlenecks are also awesome for hiding the inevitable goiter from the thyroid cancer I'm going to get from all the dental x-rays this year...

polly_mer

What helps with the parasite that must be living in my ear?  I thought it was maybe just a very slight cold that was filling up the one ear, but it's clearly going to end up being one of those stories where the unsuspecting victim (me) ends up with a full grown insect that breaks out from the eardrum in the middle of an important meeting.

ergative

Quote from: polly_mer on June 12, 2019, 07:43:24 PM
What helps with the parasite that must be living in my ear?  I thought it was maybe just a very slight cold that was filling up the one ear, but it's clearly going to end up being one of those stories where the unsuspecting victim (me) ends up with a full grown insect that breaks out from the eardrum in the middle of an important meeting.

You might be patient 0, but you've already spread the parasite's larvae to my ear. I thought at first that it was earwax getting compacted due to my constant use of earplugs against the construction outside my office (and my overly virile upstairs neighbor), but clearly something more sinister was at play. Make sure the meeting is full of people you don't like, because you don't want to go all Wrath of Khan on friends. I've already selected my companions for the day my larvae reach maturity.

mamselle

Sounds like a variant on the "Alien" films.

Do you suppose Sigourney Weaver has survived?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

polly_mer

Quote from: ergative on June 13, 2019, 03:07:22 AM
Quote from: polly_mer on June 12, 2019, 07:43:24 PM

You might be patient 0, but you've already spread the parasite's larvae to my ear. I thought at first that it was earwax getting compacted due to my constant use of earplugs against the construction outside my office (and my overly virile upstairs neighbor), but clearly something more sinister was at play. Make sure the meeting is full of people you don't like, because you don't want to go all Wrath of Khan on friends. I've already selected my companions for the day my larvae reach maturity.

I've got several meetings planned for next week in that category.

Today, I had to call in sick because the parasite was extruding some kind of sleepy chemical and is making it hard for me to think.  It could just be a regular fever, but I know better.  I'm not going to be around long enough for the neck cancer to get me.

aside

Okay, I have a pimple-looking thingie on my wrist.  It must be a brown recluse bite, and my hand will be falling off before I know it.

mamselle

Did it happen while you were watching the mega-spider eat the possum?

It would be easy to be distracted by something like that....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

aside

Thanks for the imagery.  Now they're everywhere.  AAAARRRGGGHHH.....

polly_mer

My neck aches a little from a new pillow and my back is still feeling that extra-long tour from last week.  I just know I'll end up in traction for months to solve the problem.

irhack

IRgirl visited a friend last week who, it turns out, had head lice. My scalp has been itchy ever since.

aside