News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Share your hypochondria here

Started by Thursday's_Child, June 09, 2019, 06:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday's_Child

Quote from: backatit on October 20, 2019, 01:54:33 PM
And right now I probably have diabetes because I feel just FINE.

Maybe that's my problem - doesn't diabetes make you bruise more easily?  I have a most amazing set of bruises and don't have any idea how I got them.

irhack

Oh, unexplained bruising is probably leukemia.

Clan - I am so glad you are okay! What a scare! But if you really have an illness you thought you had, maybe we need to change the name of this thread...

aside

Quote from: irhack on October 22, 2019, 05:51:35 AM

Clan - I am so glad you are okay! What a scare! But if you really have an illness you thought you had, maybe we need to change the name of this thread...

Wait, the clan is here?

Thursday's_Child

Quote from: irhack on October 22, 2019, 05:51:35 AM

Thank you.  I now also have an explanation for the occasional pains in my joints.  I'd best go update my will in case this progresses quickly.

Thursday's_Child

I'm quite sure that my sore throat is from the new corona virus.  Maybe I should go enjoy my last day or two of life instead of getting ready for tomorrow's classes.

mamselle

Actually, all that talk of PE and phlebitis convinced me I really did want to take the train for a day rather than fly to town in-the-south-whre-our-board-meeting-is.

After all, can't take these little broken foot bones too much for granted.

Don't know what they might get up to on their own...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Thursday's_Child

Quote from: mamselle on February 02, 2020, 07:55:03 AM
Actually, all that talk of PE and phlebitis convinced me I really did want to take the train for a day rather than fly to town in-the-south-whre-our-board-meeting-is.

After all, can't take these little broken foot bones too much for granted.

Don't know what they might get up to on their own...

M.

I quite agree - once a bone gets a taste of freedom there's no telling what it'll decide to do next!

clean

PE update:
As you may recall, I was hospitalized in October for Bilateral pulmonary embolisms.  Since then I have had a ton of tests.  Just since 1/1, (partly I guess because it is hard to schedule all of these things around Thanksgiving and Christmas)  Ive had a bunch of blood tests, an echo cardiogram (sonogram of my heart), a CAT scan, which found scaring through my lungs and something that could not be ruled out as cancer, which prompted a PET scan.

My Friday doctor's appointment was cancelled and will be rescheduled sometime next week (hopefully before Spring Break).  The PET scan didnt indicate cancer.  I still dont know about the Echo Cardiogram, and I dont have the results for the pulmonary function test. 

I cough regularly, and that was not the case before October, so it is not Coronavirus. 

If you can, make the healthier travel choice.  On the one hand, train travel may allow more movement, but on the other, I could see that air travel may be faster, depending on how far you are going. 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

mamselle

I'm on the train right now!

I couldn't face the security and all the other nonsense, and I like the trains.

I hope the rest of your tests come out ok!

(Or...is that antithetical to the purpose of this thread???)

But I really do...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Thursday's_Child on February 02, 2020, 07:47:16 AM
I'm quite sure that my sore throat is from the new corona virus.  Maybe I should go enjoy my last day or two of life instead of getting ready for tomorrow's classes.

My partner and I are also convinced we have it, since our colds came with shortness of breath.
I know it's a genus.

backatit

Quote from: clean on February 02, 2020, 08:55:21 AM
PE update:
As you may recall, I was hospitalized in October for Bilateral pulmonary embolisms.  Since then I have had a ton of tests.  Just since 1/1, (partly I guess because it is hard to schedule all of these things around Thanksgiving and Christmas)  Ive had a bunch of blood tests, an echo cardiogram (sonogram of my heart), a CAT scan, which found scaring through my lungs and something that could not be ruled out as cancer, which prompted a PET scan.

My Friday doctor's appointment was cancelled and will be rescheduled sometime next week (hopefully before Spring Break).  The PET scan didnt indicate cancer.  I still dont know about the Echo Cardiogram, and I dont have the results for the pulmonary function test. 

I cough regularly, and that was not the case before October, so it is not Coronavirus. 

If you can, make the healthier travel choice.  On the one hand, train travel may allow more movement, but on the other, I could see that air travel may be faster, depending on how far you are going.

Best of luck with the rest of your tests. I did find it helpful to talk to someone who had been through it, so if you ever want to chat, throw me a PM (as opposed to throwing another PE). Did they do the genetic testing and has yours come back yet? There are some pulmonary function tests they will possibly do because there is a complication that can come up within a couple of years; I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...I was fortunate enough to escape PPH AND genetic markers (I still have to fly a lot so I take aspirin because they won't give me blood thinners anymore, and I wear compression socks, but I feel pretty much like it's doing some sort of magic).

Parasaurolophus

Looks to me like I'm developing an abcess. Weirdly, it's very close to where my last one was, eight or nine years ago. I've drawn the borders and will have it lanced and stuffed and all that good stuff in a couple days, if it hasn't gotten any better.
I know it's a genus.

Thursday's_Child

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 02, 2020, 07:15:32 PM
Quote from: Thursday's_Child on February 02, 2020, 07:47:16 AM

My partner and I are also convinced we have it, since our colds came with shortness of breath.

Now that we know more about this virus, I am cautiously pleased that I seem to have escaped infection - so far, of course.

There is an interesting chart of timing of symptoms of mild survivable infections at the bottom of this article:
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/children-are-just-as-likely-to-be-infected-by-the-coronavirus-study-suggests/news-story/eb85027d986b097bdcb798b7b90e9760 

Summary:  fever, cough and fatigue start on day 2 of infection.  Fever slowly increases through day 9, then slowly decreases through the next week.  Runny nose isn't expected until day 12 - this is the day after cessation of cough and coincides with cessation of fatigue.

Conclusion:  if you're just getting sick, a runny nose is a good symptom to have.

ergative

I had a dry cough yesterday afternoon. It's definitely a different dry cough from the regular dry cough I get in the afternoon after a workout in the dry air-conditioned gym. Nope, this one is the big crow*. It's gone this morning, but of course symptoms are mild in the first week.

*Because Covid-19 obviously is a typo for Corvid-19, and a size 19 crow is huge.

polly_mer

Quote from: Thursday's_Child on March 08, 2020, 10:38:02 AM
Conclusion:  if you're just getting sick, a runny nose is a good symptom to have.

Good to know because I'm personally stimulating the parts of the economy that involve tissue and hand sanitizer.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!