News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Water Cooler Chit Chat

Started by Cheerful, March 30, 2020, 11:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheerful

Shout out to smallcleanrat for the idea here.  Gather round The Fora water cooler and share some daily chit chat.

Is Monday's water cooler filled with sparkling seltzer water (flavored or not), water with lemon slices, or just plain filtered water?

Today's tidbits from me: A day without any Zoom meetings, woo hoo!  After extensive research and effort, managed to place my first online grocery order for pick up later this week.

Puget

Thanks for starting the thread Cheerful, and thanks for the fancy beverage choices-- an we have sparkling WITH lemon slices? (Don't mean to be greedy, but since this is virtual magic water and all. . .)

Alas, my day is not free from Zoom meetings (just got off one). I spend way too much of my life on Zoom these days.  On the plus side it actually is pretty nice to interact with people on Zoom since we can't in person right now.

I'm going to eat a late lunch now. I'm excited that I have leftover home-made eggplant parm pizza I can heat up.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

polly_mer

Pass the cucumber-infused water this way.  I am missing the daily little chats while waiting for the break room microwave.  Today, lunch is hot dog salad with extra celery.

I have today's only WebEx meeting just after lunch.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

clean

My first post CV19 online exam starts in 90 minutes.

I went to the grocery store today.  Many papers still on the 'restricted' items, but supplies seem to be coming back.

I went to pick up some pre-made salads. They do not have the 'grab n go' ones, but they do have some smaller ones, so I did pick up 3. That should get me through the next 2 days.

I can report that the store parking lot was probably busier than a normal Monday about noon, but the store was not crowded. The meat section was well stocked. There were notes on the milk cooler doors that said 'limit 1' with the 1 scratched out and a '2' above it.  The store looked pretty well stocked, though I only went through a few rows of goods.  From what I could tell the only item that was still 'low' would be eggs.  They had some, but the usual quantity was not there and the 'limit 1' sign was unchanged. 

So it looks like the grocery stores (at least in my area) are mostly back to their normal stocking levels.  Once people see that the shelves are mostly stocked, that they may calm down and only buy a more normal supply. 

The most important point of this post to the Water Cooler Chat thread is that given that the grocery store seems to be sufficiently stocked, there is little incentive to dig the cucumber slices out of the water or take the hot dog salad (extra celery) home just in case it is needed for a midnight snack!!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

evil_physics_witchcraft

I chatted with a few of my Physics students via an app today. One of them works in a hospital and has said that they have been really hit hard. Trying times.

mamselle

I went out to get the mail and saw what looked like a VNA/EMT- type person--carrying a mask and MD-like black bag, with a stethoscope on their neck--go up the steps of the house next door. I hope they're OK.

In lighter news, the same cardinal woke me up this AM, but I went back to sleep.

Hey, smallcleanrat, how was your weekend?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

polly_mer

Quote from: clean on March 30, 2020, 12:08:36 PM
The most important point of this post to the Water Cooler Chat thread is that given that the grocery store seems to be sufficiently stocked, there is little incentive to dig the cucumber slices out of the water or take the hot dog salad (extra celery) home just in case it is needed for a midnight snack!!

Mr. Mer went to the store today, too.  I now have an on-sale ($0.50!) grab-and-go salad for tomorrow's lunch along with extra cucumbers.

mamselle

Just struck me: the whole forum is (sometimes rather extended) water-cooler chit-chat....!

;--}

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

spork

I baked a pie today. Tomorrow I will bake bread.

The wifey and I have been spending evenings watching episodes of Schitt's Creek, which we are finding to be amazingly funny.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

hmaria1609

How 'bout berries and mint in the watercooler?

I went to get a few things at Costco this afternoon. There was toilet paper in stock, limit 1 per member.  Organic eggs were back in stock. Still no paper towels. Not an entirely bad shopping trip!

polly_mer

I will take you up on berries!

We have paper towels stocked, but the good tissue is still on back order.

mahagonny

mamselle

evil_physics_witchcraft

How about some berry scones? Yum!

polly_mer

Quote from: mahagonny on March 30, 2020, 07:59:31 PM
soil for toxic plants

We're in the market for an aloe vera plant.  I'll take that soil, thank you.