News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangrams so far.  My husband knew nacelle as well! We had team QB, but he had to help me with that one and enlace for whatever reason.

I had climbers-shorten for LB after trying chromosome for too long.  Congrats on a different one, cathwen!

And enjoy your visit with your daughter! So cool that your grandson is in France.  I hope he's having a great time.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

And I got a quick 2fer! The puzzle gods must be going easier on us at the moment.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB. Missed clave and nacelle yesterday. Took me awhile to find the pangram.

chines/stromboli--found the latter first, and then played around with the remaining letters hoping to get a plural/present tense form.

cathwen, happy visit with MD.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB, last word piccolo. LB got a nudge for flower-riverbank.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday, last words polio and tiptop. Today I have two words to go, but am struggling to find them.

LB: flower-riverbank also. No luck today so far.

Middle Daughter leaves today—it's been a lovely visit, although short. Chatting with Grandson in France every day has also been great. He's having a wonderful time.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram, which was a guess.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for octopi.  I needed husband help for piccolo, lollipop.

I also had flower-riverbank.  Some good contenders so far, so we'll see.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, cathwen! So cool that you were able to chat with your grandson every day, too.

Pyrrhuloxia are back, and the roses are coming up.  Yay, spring!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and above genius. Last words yesterday were lollipop and tiptop.

LB:NYT solution--gah!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB, last word edema. LB wrung-goldfish.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB--found one tricky word early on, and had to rely on BB for the last two. QB yesterday, with ammo and mode as my last finds.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram right away but just now got to genius.  Yesterday husband got QBABH, but it took him forever to get the pangram (which I thought was a terrible one... is that really a word?!).  He helped me with mayo, edema, dammed.

I also got wrung-goldfish, finally, at the end of the day.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning/afternoon!

QB with doomy as my last word, tried in desperation. Today I got to QB, but only with SBB help for the last two words. It took me an age to find the pangram.

LB: I also had wrung-goldfish. No 2fer yet today—lots of good words, though. If only I could make them line up!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

I managed to get to QBABM and then get a 2fer on my first try! Wooohoooo! I hope I didn't use all my luck in one place.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Found bobolink early on, but needed BB for kilobit and lookbook. Lookbook!?

Easy subjunctive/elk. I was afraid that this would be the NYT solution as well.

Woohoo, ab_grp!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH and made up bobolink. LB subjunctive-elk.

Happy solving!