News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

I Voted! When will you vote?

Started by clean, October 13, 2020, 03:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

Early voting is open. I went.  there is a vent somewhere because they are doing early voting in my building!  (Inviting a lot of people to campus to spread stuff, or catch stuff from the students!! (I got notification yesterday that 3 were just ordered to quarantine from one class! and another is in the hospital, but the hospitalization was not specific, so it could be something else).

The early voting on campus was slow to get in.  It took 3 minutes or so for each person to get their Id checked and be admitted. However, once in, there were 10 machines.  When I entered, I waited a few minutes for the person in front of me to finish, and then get through my own registration. Then I walked to one of the 4 open ones.  I had already printed my ballot and gone through my selections, so I did not take too long.  I heard some complain about it taking so long to read all of the ballot initiatives.  (Of course, they could have read them before as they are NOT a secret!!)

So when are YOU planning to vote?
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

traductio

I live abroad but still vote in my home state. Amazingly, for people like me the state (which is generally reactionary in its politics) provides an e-ballot. I voted two weeks ago.

Of course, if you look at all the scenarios on 538 about possible outcomes, there's not even one where my state goes for Biden. But I'm a stubborn SOB and voted anyway.

Bonnie

I dropped my mail in ballot off last Monday. You now have me curious to see how on-campus voting is going.

mamselle

My ballot was deposited in the collection box at the end of my street near the library at  8:10 this AM.

I'm not worried so much about it being stolen or lost, the folks around here are pretty rabid about that stuff...thank goodness.

I'm more worried about the next parts of its journey...will it find enough of its mates to make a difference by the end of the month?

It's those other ballots I'm worrying about, in places where they plot to kidnap governors and set them adrift on large lakes, etc...

Would they do that with sacks of uncounted ballots?

Not your usual election-year worries, you know?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Larimar

I voted. I had to go to the next town south of here to get to a ballot collection box, half an hour away on a good day. It was worth it not to have to risk the virus to vote in person, and I had other errands to run that day anyway.

sinenomine

I dropped off my ballot yesterday. I wish that would entitle me to no more ads or robocalls...
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

clean

Local news showed other voting places were packed!  City hall was one location and had to call police to keep the social distance as there were too many people there and they didnt have the spacing worked out ahead of time.

another location had several hours wait outside in the sun with near record temperatures! 

Im glad I voted on campus and didnt have to wait!  However, it was what I had feared in my 'vent' post... that the place would be packed with long lines of potentially contaminated folks breathing in the building and spreading possible illness!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

dismalist

The probability that one's vote will determine the outcome of an election is virtually zero. So why vote?

Makes you feel good! :-)
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

mahagonny

The choice is between ridiculous and more ridiculous.

Puget

I have my ballot, I just need to decide how I'm voting on one of the ballot issues and then drop it off in the drop box. There is very little mystery in the outcome here--I do miss voting in a swing state, though my former state isn't really swinging anymore either (happily).
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

phi-rabbit

I dropped my ballot in one of the many official boxes in my city last week.  I walked to it, which was nice.  I got an email from the city clerk the next day letting me know it was received.

FishProf

I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Bonnie

Quote from: mahagonny on October 13, 2020, 06:00:57 PM

The choice is between milquetoast who may get us ever so slightly back on track of not being totally f***ed and a fascist.

polly_mer

Quote from: Bonnie on October 13, 2020, 07:44:16 PM

The choice is between milquetoast who may get us ever so slightly back on track of not being totally f***ed and a fascist.

No, the choice is between the milquetoast who will make us even worse off because he's so damn weak on defense and international relations and the guy who is failing on other areas that government should do, but is ok on defense that must be done at the federal level.

Ballots were dropped off with the county clerk this morning.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Bonnie

Quote from: polly_mer on October 13, 2020, 08:19:18 PM
Quote from: Bonnie on October 13, 2020, 07:44:16 PM

No, the choice is between the milquetoast who will make us even worse off because he's so damn weak on defense and international relations and the guy who is failing on other areas that government should do, but is ok on defense that must be done at the federal level.

Ballots were dropped off with the county clerk this morning.

I'm very confused by Trump as ok on defense. Very, very, very confused. His finances alone make him a national security threat.